What if you get caught holstering/unholstering?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What if you get caught holstering/unholstering?

Post by Jumping Frog »

sbrawley wrote:... Is there any legal ramifications for failing to conceal in order to obey another statute?
Yeah, Class A Misdemeanor.

I am careful about holstering/unholstering. :thumbs2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

Park in a clear area a long way from the door, other vehicles, pedestrian trafic to unholster.
On occassion I have had to drive away from the Post Office before reholstering.
As above Class A Misdemeanor so dont loose you license.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Simply another variation of "situational awareness".
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

In a pinch, the sun shade for my car has come in handy as an added protection. It would be unlikely that anyone would be watching you through your windows if you can do it inside the car, then stand up to tuck in your shirt.

victory

Post by victory »

Jumping Frog wrote:Simply another variation of "situational awareness".
Good point. If they don't know who can see them, they don't know who might steal their soon to be unattended valuables.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Most of the time I am pocket carrying. Slipping a holstered snubby out of your pocket and putting it into the locking safe box can be done inside the vehicle. When I have to have a tucked shirt (rarely these days) I pocket carry. I only belt carry IWB or OWB when I am: 1. Walking around in "old man grunge" (tucked tee shirt & untucked Fishing or Hawaiian Shirt). 2 Cold weather garb. 3. Wearing a cover vest. Range wear mostly. I have little trouble holstering/unholstering from the 3:30 position I normally carry in.

Remember, concealed means just that. My pocket holster is red and black and the shape makes it look like a wallet or similalr. A handkerchief or small towel can be draped over the butt of your gun to conceal it while making the transfer from or to the holster. If you are discreet no one, even the local LEO will be the wiser. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Western snapped shirts and light canvas shoulder holsters are the best for me go to Deepconceal.com
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

PBR

Post by PBR »

I hate when it happens and I know I'm in the wrong but I have went on and enter the place sometimes. I just feel if someone happens to see you walk all the way up to a door then see "a sign" then turn around go back to the car, they most likely know what your doing. Thus if happens to be a "spy" or "lookout" for thieves they know what vehicle to hit. This happen to a friend of mine, don't know if they seen him or was just luck of the pick for them but wasn't anything in the vehicle worth stealing or breaking into expect the pistol, so I feel they seen him or knew what was up. I hate admitting to breaking "the law" but I have done it by still entering. Figure if its concealed good enough they would never know or find out, unless I was forced to pull it out in order to save my own or someone's life.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

PBR wrote:I hate when it happens and I know I'm in the wrong but I have went on and enter the place sometimes. I just feel if someone happens to see you walk all the way up to a door then see "a sign" then turn around go back to the car, they most likely know what your doing. Thus if happens to be a "spy" or "lookout" for thieves they know what vehicle to hit. This happen to a friend of mine, don't know if they seen him or was just luck of the pick for them but wasn't anything in the vehicle worth stealing or breaking into expect the pistol, so I feel they seen him or knew what was up. I hate admitting to breaking "the law" but I have done it by still entering. Figure if its concealed good enough they would never know or find out, unless I was forced to pull it out in order to save my own or someone's life.

That is exactly how I lost my briefcase and laptop a while back. I started in to the restaurant. Realized I left my briefcase with my laptop on the back seat. Went back to put it under the stay. I now have video of the this popping my lock and stealing it. I recommend putting your goods away before you arrive at your destination.
Last edited by mojo84 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

mojo84 wrote:
PBR wrote:I hate when it happens and I know I'm in the wrong but I have went on and enter the place sometimes. I just feel if someone happens to see you walk all the way up to a door then see "a sign" then turn around go back to the car, they most likely know what your doing. Thus if happens to be a "spy" or "lookout" for thieves they know what vehicle to hit. This happen to a friend of mine, don't know if they seen him or was just luck of the pick for them but wasn't anything in the vehicle worth stealing or breaking into expect the pistol, so I feel they seen him or knew what was up. I hate admitting to breaking "the law" but I have done it by still entering. Figure if its concealed good enough they would never know or find out, unless I was forced to pull it out in order to save my own or someone's life.

That is exactly how I lost my briefcase and laptop a while back. I started in to the restaurant. Realized I left my briefcase with my laptop on the back seat. Went back to put it under the stay. I now have video of the this popping my lock and stealing it. I recommend putting your good away before you arrive at your destination.
When going to a destination that I know I can't or shouldn't carry I secure the blaster before leaving my driveway. A short list of places I routinely do this is, Post Office, court house, Posted Medical facilities, non posted or gun buster Doctor's appointment (because I don't want to have the hassle of explaining the law to the nice policeman) All others I find somewhere else to spend my money. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Sometimes I'll stop a couple blocks away to hide must stuff before arriving when I have no choice.

The investigators told me many people will get out of their car and move items to the trunk thinking that is safer. He said the trunks are just as easy to open as the doors if one knows how. The thugs know there is somethjng worthwhile in the trunk since they see the people putting it there.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

PBR

Post by PBR »

mojo84 wrote:Sometimes I'll stop a couple blocks away to hide must stuff before arriving when I have no choice.

The investigators told me many people will get out of their car and move items to the trunk thinking that is safer. He said the trunks are just as easy to open as the doors if one knows how. The thugs know there is somethjng worthwhile in the trunk since they see the people putting it there.
That's it, little shopping centers are the worst cause thieves always have lookouts or do it themselves. They notice people leave one store put stuff in their car then go to another store in the shopping center. That will be the car they hit, same as you mention when they see you go back to your car or if stay in your car moving around when you pull up they automatically think your hiding stuff. All of it makes your car a target
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

Saffron

Post by Saffron »

mojo84 wrote:The investigators told me many people will get out of their car and move items to the trunk thinking that is safer. He said the trunks are just as easy to open as the doors if one knows how. The thugs know there is somethjng worthwhile in the trunk since they see the people putting it there.
:iagree:
The main advantage of the trunk is thieves can't see through metal as easily as tinted glass. :mrgreen:
To keep that advantage I put things like my work bag in the trunk when I leave work, not when I get to get to the restaurant.
I do know my Bible, sir.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”