Traders Village San Antonio 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
poppo
Posts in topic: 2

Traders Village San Antonio 30.06

Post by poppo »

Here is a prime example of why the penalty for 30.06 violations need to be reduced. I've gone to Traders Village in SA about a dozen times and have always carried there as I never saw any sign. However, I always parked on the side. Today I was there and needed to go get my truck to take it around to the other side to load something up. I happened to walk out through one of the front entrances and that is when I saw a 30.06 sign posted on the side of the building. After getting my truck (and leaving my gun in it), I then took a walk around the whole front. There are 3 main entrances in the front. Each had what appeared to be a valid 30.06 posted on the side of the buildings. Not exactly something you would see unless you happened to look at the side of the building. However, the biggest issue (like some of those malls) is that if you park in either of the side parking lots and enter there (which is basically anywhere along the whole ends) there are no signs anywhere. I posted it on the 3006.com site since it was not already listed.

Also, I did search here for Traders village and found some references to the one in Houston and Dallas. I saw something about the ticket. At first I was thinking "what ticket?", but then remembered I get a stub when I paid for parking. When I looked at the stub it does have a blurb about 4413(29ee). Guess I will not be going back to Traders Village.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

scottmeador

Re: Traders Village San Antonio 30.06

Post by scottmeador »

Isnt't 4413(29ee) old language?

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

4413 is not valid and I'll bet the signs state 4413 also. It has to be 30.06 referencing 411,h.

Topic author
poppo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by poppo »

The signs are indeed 30.06. After I posted it on the 3006.com site I get a message saying it has already been reported. Oddly it did not come up the first two times I searched for it, but it did the next time. Seems like there is something funky with the search engine there. In any case, the same comments were made about no signs at the side entrances (which are way bigger then the front ones). Point being it is not that difficult to violate 30.06 without ever knowing it.
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”