EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Social Security office

Post by EEllis »

jimlongley wrote:
EEllis wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
EEllis wrote: Heck maybe the poor guy was doing exactly what they told him to do and its all the companies fault.
"Und ve vas chust following orders." Worked so well for the Nazis.
Does someone have to jump the shark with the absurd Nazi references every time? I was speaking to the fact that they may have made him require you to take even something as minor as a letherman out to your car and policy could dictate that you lose your place in line. I'm sorry if he hurt your feelings but that does not equate to gassing Jews or other horrific war crimes.
The point of the "absurd Nazi reference" was that following illegal or improper orders is an individual choice, not proper company policy. The company should know that their orders are improper, but it is up to the individual to see to it that their actions are legal and reasonable, and if company policy would cause them to perform unreasonable or illegal acts, then they have two simple choices, quit and find a different job, or refuse to follow company policy. Long experience has taught me that those who will enthusiastically enforce improper company policy, and particularly those who will become petty tyrants while misusing or misinterpreting rules and laws are not a very long step away from breaking the windows of Jewish merchants because it was policy, and we know where that led.

No shark jump required, it's the same mind set writ large.
No him acting like a jerk was his choice but we have no idea what his directions were for that post and there is no way that telling you to put a knife in a car is in any way equatable to gassing Jews and the idea that it is .........
It is not an employees job to insure that the companies orders are "Reasonable" the whole idea is absurd since that is so objective. They shouldn't commit criminal acts for the company but comparison pissing you off, which is perfectly legal, to Nazism. Well giant shark there. No I get it you don't agree, So be it.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Social Security office

Post by Keith B »

Alright, quit your arguing. If you can't discuss without berating each other the topic will be locked.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”