Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

Post by Abraham »

I will never step a foot in WFM.

If you can't get what you want at HEB, Kroger, or Stanleys or wherever you buy groceries, too bad...

I don't care to rub elbows with those nanny state, anti-gun, dweebs...

When the criminal crews get tired of robbing breakfast restaurants, they'll be coming after you...yuppie scum!

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

twomillenium wrote:Taking your business elsewhere is your right. I say, in order to get the point across, tell the management why you are not doing business with them. This can be done in a calm, and polite manner without creating a scene, something the OC folks seem to forget.
The thing is, they don't care about your business, if they did they wouldn't have posted the signs in the first place. The put up the signs to curry favor with the vast majority of their customers. And even if it affects their bottom line they'll never attribute it to being anti-gun.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

I stopped by WF in Colleyville yesterday to find it posted. :roll: Looked like the letter size may have been a bit small, but it was close enough for me to not be certain, so I disarmed. I picked up the few items on my wifes list and had a short chat with the manager.

Me: I know it's probably corporate policy and there's nothing you can do, but I thought I would let you know that this will be my last visit to your store.
WF: Why?
Me: I won't do business with places that prohibit honest citizens from carrying legal concealed weapons.
WF: If you've lived in Colleyville for any time, you know how safe it is here.
Me: I've been carrying a gun for nearly 20 years now, and in 20 years I've only needed to draw it once. But if I didn't have it at that moment, when I didn't expect to need it, I wouldn't be here to complain to you today (OK, I was embellishing a bit on that one.)
WF: Well, Kroger is also going to post signs now too.
Me: Actually, I've spoken with Krogers corporate office to thank them for NOT posting signs and they've assured me that they don't plan to change their policy.
WF: but...
Me: I don't expect this conversation to change anything. I just thought I'd let you know that you have lost a customer. That sign actually makes it LESS safe to shop here. A criminal sees that sign and knows that the odds of an honest person being able to defend themselves is even lower in your store. Or they can just wait for me in the parking lot with my hands full of groceries, knowing that I'm not armed. If you get the chance, maybe you'll let your corporate folks know that not all your customers are foolish enough to feel safer just because you've posted a sign.
WF: OK, I'm sorry
Me: No hard feelings. Have a nice day.

----- Later ----
Me (to wife): Whatever you need at WF we can get a Central Market or Market Street from now on, or the new giant Kroger when it opens in a few months. I won't be going back to WF (I explain why)
Wife: Ok.. no problem.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote:I stopped by WF in Colleyville yesterday to find it posted. :roll: Looked like the letter size may have been a bit small, but it was close enough for me to not be certain, so I disarmed. I picked up the few items on my wifes list and had a short chat with the manager.

Me: I know it's probably corporate policy and there's nothing you can do, but I thought I would let you know that this will be my last visit to your store.
WF: Why?
Me: I won't do business with places that prohibit honest citizens from carrying legal concealed weapons.
WF: If you've lived in Colleyville for any time, you know how safe it is here.
Me: I've been carrying a gun for nearly 20 years now, and in 20 years I've only needed to draw it once. But if I didn't have it at that moment, when I didn't expect to need it, I wouldn't be here to complain to you today (OK, I was embellishing a bit on that one.)
WF: Well, Kroger is also going to post signs now too.
Me: Actually, I've spoken with Krogers corporate office to thank them for NOT posting signs and they've assured me that they don't plan to change their policy.
WF: but...
Me: I don't expect this conversation to change anything. I just thought I'd let you know that you have lost a customer. That sign actually makes it LESS safe to shop here. A criminal sees that sign and knows that the odds of an honest person being able to defend themselves is even lower in your store. Or they can just wait for me in the parking lot with my hands full of groceries, knowing that I'm not armed. If you get the chance, maybe you'll let your corporate folks know that not all your customers are foolish enough to feel safer just because you've posted a sign.
WF: OK, I'm sorry
Me: No hard feelings. Have a nice day.

----- Later ----
Me (to wife): Whatever you need at WF we can get a Central Market or Market Street from now on, or the new giant Kroger when it opens in a few months. I won't be going back to WF (I explain why)
Wife: Ok.. no problem.
Roy, we shop at that WF ever since it opened (not long ago), and my wife was just there yesterday (carrying as usual). I told her about this thread just now, and warned her to look out for a sign the next time she goes..........and then I read your post......which means that she unknowingly carried past the sign yesterday.

I'll (momentarily disarm and) drop in there later today and ask for the manager, just like you did. I will explain to him that he criminalized my wife's shopping behavior yesterday, unknown to her, and that we won't be coming back, because I don't appreciate him criminalizing the behavior of solid citizens like my wife, and me. I will tell him that our money spends just as well elsewhere. Like you said, Central Market is not that far away, and neither is Market Street. And there's a new Trader Joe's coming in Southlake.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Careful in Whole Foods Stores all you disarmed shoppers. One could lose his head in there by a crazy jihadee...

I usually shop at the Marketplace in Bridgeport. I bought 2 raffle tickets in their parking lot from the Bridgeport Fire Department last weekend for a DPMS Oracle .223 and Weatherby 12 Gauge shotgun. One can never have enough 12 Gauge Shotguns or 223's...

Happy Sunday Armed Texans!
III

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

TAM
The sign is posted on the glass entry doors at about head height. Approaching the left most door there are some displays outside that could block/distract from seeing the sign, but I thought it was legally posted, or close enough.

White sign, black letters.

Actually, it might have been on one of the moving doors.

Easy enough to miss if you're not looking for it though.

Cheers.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Easy to miss and fonts are too small.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bryan1980

Post by bryan1980 »

VMI77 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:Taking your business elsewhere is your right. I say, in order to get the point across, tell the management why you are not doing business with them. This can be done in a calm, and polite manner without creating a scene, something the OC folks seem to forget.
The thing is, they don't care about your business, if they did they wouldn't have posted the signs in the first place. The put up the signs to curry favor with the vast majority of their customers. And even if it affects their bottom line they'll never attribute it to being anti-gun.
I'm afraid this is true, as much as I hate to say it. The fact is that the majority of people that participate in the organic food movement (and thus shop at WF) are by and large anti-2A. It's a shame that that's the case, but it is what it is. We can choose to spend our money elsewhere (which we should), but always keep in mind that it's not going to hurt WF's or Sprouts' bottom line enough to make them change their policies.
5/21/14 - Submitted online app.
5/24/14 - Class
5/27/14 - Submitted CHL-100 & checklist
7/18/14 - Plastic in hand

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

No, it likely won't change their minds but it will hurt their bottom line, even if only a little bit. That money spent at Kroger, at least currently strong 2A and a friend of ours, will help their bottom line a little bit. That's where the money needs to go, at least from my pocket. I've been a Kroger customer for 20 years but I'd make the switch in an instant, with any and all other establishments, who posted 30.06.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

XnTx

Post by XnTx »

Whole Foods in Highland Village opened 9/10. At 8am on 9/13 they do not have 30.06 signs. Yet.
CHL - 9/22/11
NRA Life Member - 12/12/15
XDS .45 or P380

drjoker
Banned

deleted

Post by drjoker »

duplicate deleted
Last edited by drjoker on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

RoyGBiv wrote: Me: I don't expect this conversation to change anything. I just thought I'd let you know that you have lost a customer.
Actually, these conversations DO change things because not all Whole Foods have these signs so it's probably at the discretion of the store's manager.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

drjoker wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote: Me: I don't expect this conversation to change anything. I just thought I'd let you know that you have lost a customer.
Actually, these conversations DO change things because not all Whole Foods have these signs so it's probably at the discretion of the store's manager.
I was just trying to be polite and non threatening. ;-)

Bennies

Post by Bennies »

Well it is disappointing trend. Like others have suggested, there are plenty of great alternatives in the food world. We have joined a CSA for produce that we don't have room for in our garden. We also buy dairy and other items from them. Not only is it naturally grown it is local.

We also use Amazon prime for other items such as cocunut oil and organic tea for home brewed kamboucha. It works out well. For all else we use HEB which has a descent selection now.

With that said I hope WF and Sprouts change their policies. I won't be going there anytime soon until they do. Anyone know if trader joes might be following?
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member
Glock 23 w/Crossbreed Supertuck

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I've bought gasoline at the Conroe Kroger when heading north. Their standing up to MDA reinforces our decision to shop with them.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”