CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JALLEN
Posts in topic: 1

Federal Express 30.06

Post by JALLEN »

Howdy. Long time, no see!

Anyway, I was annoyed to see a 30.06 sign at the New Braunfels Federal Express office off FM306, to the point that I did not ship my package there as planned but instead drove some miles out of my way to ship at a UPS center, which only has a decal of a pistol with a red circle and slash and "no weapons allowed" on the door.

I am loathe to begrudge folks their choices and eccentricities, as I savor my own so, but this marks the owners/management of Fedex as really stupid. I've always admired Fred Smith, who turned a MBA thesis into the largest operator of turbine powered aircraft in the world in one career, but somebody is stupid.

CHL holders are not going to be a problem, and those who are intent on misbehavior aren't going to pay attention to the sign. So, why do it?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

RoyGBiv

Re: Federal Express 30.06

Post by RoyGBiv »

Possibly an independently operated franchise reflecting the preferences of its operator.??
JALLEN wrote:CHL holders are not going to be a problem, and those who are intent on misbehavior aren't going to pay attention to the sign. So, why do it?
Hope ... as strategy.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I work at fedex...for two more days. I have to walk past that stupid sign every time i walk through the door. They have said that if you get caught trying to get a gun through security you will be fired and arrested...unless you have a CHL. If that is the case you will be asked to leave for the day. This is just my location and just word of mouth so ymmv.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

I smile to myself every time I go into my local FedEx depot to pick up a delivery. Usually a pistol or rifle...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Mike.B

Post by Mike.B »

JALLEN wrote:CHL holders are not going to be a problem, and those who are intent on misbehavior aren't going to pay attention to the sign. So, why do it?
The same misguided reasons why schools and sporting events are off limits carry locations for CHL holders.

victory

Post by victory »

Mike.B wrote:
The same misguided reasons why schools and sporting events are off limits carry locations for CHL holders.
The main difference is FedEx is making that decision for their own property.

ryanj

Post by ryanj »

FedEx has that policy in all 50 states. Even here in NJ they have a "no weapons are permitted in this facility" sign even though nobody has a carry permit. It's such a joke...

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Welcome back, JALLEN! :thewave
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

treeman

Post by treeman »

S & W uses them for gun warrenty returns also. Thats how I found that the one in Longview was posted 30.06. I was told to declare that there was a pistol in the package when I gave it to them. The little gal behind the counter wasn't prepared - she got wide eyed and said "Oh we can't accept that." She went behind a wall for about 10 seconds and came back saying, "It's OK"

Wish there was a better option than FedX for S & W to use for shipping firearms.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

treeman wrote:S & W uses them for gun warrenty returns also. Thats how I found that the one in Longview was posted 30.06. I was told to declare that there was a pistol in the package when I gave it to them. The little gal behind the counter wasn't prepared - she got wide eyed and said "Oh we can't accept that." She went behind a wall for about 10 seconds and came back saying, "It's OK"

Wish there was a better option than FedX for S & W to use for shipping firearms.
There isn't. UPS posts as well, and is a Union company.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

birdman253

Post by birdman253 »

chamberc wrote:
treeman wrote:S & W uses them for gun warrenty returns also. Thats how I found that the one in Longview was posted 30.06. I was told to declare that there was a pistol in the package when I gave it to them. The little gal behind the counter wasn't prepared - she got wide eyed and said "Oh we can't accept that." She went behind a wall for about 10 seconds and came back saying, "It's OK"

There isn't. UPS posts as well, and is a Union company.
Not all UPS locations are posted. I go to the one in McAllen several times a month. They have a "No Firearms" sign next to the door, but no 30.06 signage. And no, I'm not going to tell them the difference! ;-)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”