Question about 30.06 Signage - Business merger

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bigity
Posts in topic: 3

Question about 30.06 Signage - Business merger

Post by bigity »

I work for a farm fiance related company in Texas and we have 70 some odd offices across the state.

We have one older older office that has an older 30.06 sign posted, and it appears to meet the requirements for the signage. However, I am certain that it was posted prior to the merger that brought the former company into the fold of the larger company that now owns/operates that office building. This is the only office we have that I am aware of that has such a sign, and I've been in most of them. Company policy allows for CHL carry if licensed, so it seems out of sorts.

Would the 30.06 still apply? How would I find out?
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Question about 30.06 Signage - Business merger

Post by MeMelYup »

Does your company have it's weapons policy on computer or someplace where you can check it without asking someone to get it for you?

Topic author
bigity

Post by bigity »

Well, we allow CC with the proper CHL license (and this extends to company vehicles as well), yes that is in the employee handbook

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

If all you have been given is notice via the 30.06 sign, then it doesn't matter who owns the property, if the 30.06 sign is still posted, then the property is still of-limits. Once they take it down it is no longer posted.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
bigity

Post by bigity »

Keith B wrote:If all you have been given is notice via the 30.06 sign, then it doesn't matter who owns the property, if the 30.06 sign is still posted, then the property is still of-limits. Once they take it down it is no longer posted.
That's what I thought. I'll scrape it off next time I'm there, it's only used once or twice a month.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”