CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is this ad for real?

Post by RoyGBiv »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Unless Florida law has changed, you don't have to take any course, including the Florida course, if you have proof that you know how to shoot handguns. I got a Florida license in the early 1990's and all I had to do was send a copy of my USPSA member card, along with the application and fee.

Chas.
Could you send a copy of your Texas CHL and do the same?
Yes. When I got my Florida license, they would accept anything that indicated you had some form of firearms training or experience shooting handguns. It also didn't matter how old it was and the example was a DD214 from World War I.

Chas.
I believe Arizona is similar.

I used my NC CWP training class completion certificate to get my FL license back in ~2002/3
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Unless Florida law has changed, you don't have to take any course, including the Florida course, if you have proof that you know how to shoot handguns. I got a Florida license in the early 1990's and all I had to do was send a copy of my USPSA member card, along with the application and fee.

Chas.
Yes. When I got my Florida license, they would accept anything that indicated you had some form of firearms training or experience shooting handguns. It also didn't matter how old it was and the example was a DD214 from World War I.

Chas.
Why didn't you use that Charles? :leaving

:biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Keith B wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

Chas.

Chas.

While we were in the Somme, your great granddaddy told me a fortune teller had warned him you'd be coming!

Chas.

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JP171 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

Chas.

Chas.

While we were in the Somme, your great granddaddy told me a fortune teller had warned him you'd be coming!

Chas.
Good One Charles. Charles 1 Keith 0
:rolll :woohoo :thewave

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Yes. When I got my Florida license, they would accept anything that indicated you had some form of firearms training or experience shooting handguns. It also didn't matter how old it was and the example was a DD214 from World War I.

Chas.

Chas.
I bow to the Master.

:lol:: :cheers2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”