CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kolme
Posts in topic: 3

Address Application Confusion

Post by kolme »

Hey guys,

I am applying for a new CHL and I'm a bit confused on the address stuff...
Being a recent college grad, master grad, and a medical school student, Ive lived in a lot of places in the last 5 years (4 to be exact).
However, my DL has never been updated to any of these addresses and instead has been linked to my parent's homes (2 different reported addresses in the last 5 yrs).

So what exactly should I report on my CHL application?

The 4 addresses where I actually lived?
Or the two addresses that were reported (one of which is my current DL address?)

Thanks for the help!

Kolme

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Address Application Confusion

Post by Keith B »

kolme wrote:Hey guys,

I am applying for a new CHL and I'm a bit confused on the address stuff...
Being a recent college grad, master grad, and a medical school student, Ive lived in a lot of places in the last 5 years (4 to be exact).
However, my DL has never been updated to any of these addresses and instead has been linked to my parent's homes (2 different reported addresses in the last 5 yrs).

So what exactly should I report on my CHL application?

The 4 addresses where I actually lived?
Or the two addresses that were reported (one of which is my current DL address?)

Thanks for the help!

Kolme
As a student, your permanent address is what you would report (parents and current address on DL). Those is the addressed that would be used for any background checks they need for records. Also make sure to not leave any gaps in employment history timeline. If you were a student or intern, list those times and no gaps.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
kolme

Post by kolme »

Thanks for the reply Keith, that helps alot. I'll be sure to report those 2 addresses.

Additionally I wanted to note that I have been a student my entire life without gaps (from preschool to medical school haha), however, I have worked here and there during school (tutoring, research, lab work). Should I report just my school time line or my school timeline and my work time which overlaps (my school is the employer for all of the jobs). Below is my timeline

2009 - college + lab work
2010 - college + lab work + research
2011 - college + lab work
2012 - college/masters + lab work
2013 - masters/med school + tutor
2014 - med school + tutor

Thanks again! When I called and asked DPS directly, the lady was incredibly unhelpful "just report your addresses"... and "report no gaps" was her only response to my student/jobs Q... well worth the 44min wait :roll:

Kolme

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

kolme wrote:Thanks for the reply Keith, that helps alot. I'll be sure to report those 2 addresses.

Additionally I wanted to note that I have been a student my entire life without gaps (from preschool to medical school haha), however, I have worked here and there during school (tutoring, research, lab work). Should I report just my school time line or my school timeline and my work time which overlaps (my school is the employer for all of the jobs). Below is my timeline

2009 - college + lab work
2010 - college + lab work + research
2011 - college + lab work
2012 - college/masters + lab work
2013 - masters/med school + tutor
2014 - med school + tutor

Thanks again! When I called and asked DPS directly, the lady was incredibly unhelpful "just report your addresses"... and "report no gaps" was her only response to my student/jobs Q... well worth the 44min wait :roll:

Kolme
If all was at the same university, then just report 'Student at ABC University' for the 2009 - 2014 timeframe. Make sure to list month and day for the start and stop. If still there, list end time as 'Present', i.e. Jan 3 2009 - Present, Student at XYZ University
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
kolme

Post by kolme »

Thanks again Keith! Ill be sure to do exactly that! you helped a ton! Time to get this application submitted!

Kolme

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”