Dove season !!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

AlgoaAggie91
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Dove season !!!

Post by AlgoaAggie91 »

Crossfire wrote:A pharmacist told us to use Vicks Vapor Rub. Same active ingredients. It is messier than Chigarid, but it does stop the itching. For awhile.
How about putting it on in a thin layer first? Maybe the little beasites would avoid you altogether?
S&W M&P Shield 9

Does anyone know of a trick to help me remember the word 'mnemonic'?

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

AlgoaAggie91 wrote:
Crossfire wrote:A pharmacist told us to use Vicks Vapor Rub. Same active ingredients. It is messier than Chigarid, but it does stop the itching. For awhile.
How about putting it on in a thin layer first? Maybe the little beasites would avoid you altogether?
You can also use some plain old sulfur dust. Put it in an old sock and use that to dust your feet (boots), ankles & pant legs up to the knees. It's very "old school", but it works.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nightmare »

Dove Season !!! :drool:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

birdman253
Posts in topic: 2

Post by birdman253 »

For chiggers, try this. Soak a rag in gasoline (should be dripping), wipe down the affected area thoroughly, and let air dry. After it is totally dry, wash thoroughly with soap and water. I've done it for years, and it works like magic. No more itching! I guess it kills the chigger that is inside your skin, but I don't know for sure. What I do knows that it works.

Only problem I ever had with this method was a few years ago. I had a severe case of chiggers all over my legs, and decided to take a small container of gas and a rag into the shower. I wiped them down, let it dry, and then washed the gas off in the shower. I thought all was good, but my wife gave me heck for making the whole house smell like gasoline!!!!!!

jmra

Post by jmra »

birdman253 wrote:For chiggers, try this. Soak a rag in gasoline (should be dripping), wipe down the affected area thoroughly, and let air dry. After it is totally dry, wash thoroughly with soap and water. I've done it for years, and it works like magic. No more itching! I guess it kills the chigger that is inside your skin, but I don't know for sure. What I do knows that it works.

Only problem I ever had with this method was a few years ago. I had a severe case of chiggers all over my legs, and decided to take a small container of gas and a rag into the shower. I wiped them down, let it dry, and then washed the gas off in the shower. I thought all was good, but my wife gave me heck for making the whole house smell like gasoline!!!!!!
http://topics.info.com/Conditions-and-D ... tment_3469
"Removing chiggers with products such as turpentine, ammonia, kerosene, alcohol, gasoline or other cleaning fluids should never be done. These items are harmful to skin and unnecessary."

I knew guys who swore by cleaning their tools and hands in benzene. Most of them are dead. And of course my aunt who taught school in Ola, AR constantly had to tell parents not to treat their kids lice with Diesel fuel.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Avon Skin so Soft will solve your problems with getting chiggers and ticks. After showering, use Avon "Skin-so-Soft" before you dry off. My family has used this for decades.
Any large "untreated" areas of the body is fair game for these little pests. You can probably rub it on your legs and waistline and be okay but why take the chance. I use that stuff everyday.

Since you already have them, fingernail polish will work until the chigarid is back on the shelves.

Cheers
III

bigity

Post by bigity »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Avon Skin so Soft will solve your problems with getting chiggers and ticks. After showering, use Avon "Skin-so-Soft" before you dry off. My family has used this for decades.
Any large "untreated" areas of the body is fair game for these little pests. You can probably rub it on your legs and waistline and be okay but why take the chance. I use that stuff everyday.

Since you already have them, fingernail polish will work until the chigarid is back on the shelves.

Cheers
I can confirm this about Skin So Soft.

We also used it on the dogs whenever they had some kind of sore/injury and it would keep the flies off.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”