adjudication question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: adjudication question

Post by C-dub »

I see that second one, swerving across multiple lanes and white fog lines everyday around here in DFW.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Keith B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith B »

tacticool wrote:
Keith B wrote:Plenty of case law in Texas on this exact scenario http://www.bakers-legal-pages.com/cca/n ... -00000.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for that Keith. It reinforced my opinion that a simple goof up is not criminally negligent. In one case, the person deliberately violated the law by not having safety chain on the trailer and when the trailer came loose, his criminal negligence resulted in death. In another case, the driver was talking on the phone, missed their freeway exit, and apparently swerved across solid white lines without signaling to try to make the exit, without regard for other vehicles or the life of their victim.
Yes, negligence has to be proved to substantiate the charge. It goes the same for a shooting. If you have to engage someone, and discharge your firearm in a negligent manner, you may be charged and convicted. That is the reason warning shots are NOT a good idea.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Count
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Count »

I know nothing about the OP's crime, but for those two examples I don't disagree with a felony conviction and subsequent CHL denial.
The information in this message is not provided in the course of a client relationship and is not intended as legal, accounting, or other professional advice.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”