Online Protest of Businesses that post 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
davlanders
Posts in topic: 1

Online Protest of Businesses that post 30.06

Post by davlanders »

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it on a search.

What is the thought about leaving negative reviews for businesses that post 30.06? Plenty of people here stop shopping at these businesses and some tell the manager personally. Online reviews would likely quickly be visible by not only local management but also corporate.

Fire away (pun intended) :)
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

gljjt
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Online Protest of Businesses that post 30.06

Post by gljjt »

davlanders wrote:Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it on a search.

What is the thought about leaving negative reviews for businesses that post 30.06? Plenty of people here stop shopping at these businesses and some tell the manager personally. Online reviews would likely quickly be visible by not only local management but also corporate.

I think it is a bad idea. In my opinion, it will bring more public visibility to the statutory requirements for effective notice resulting in more enforceable signs going up and in more unenforceable postings being replaced with enforceable signs and will result in few reversals. It can, be done (Taco Cabana), but public reviews will likely cause more damage than good.

Contact businesses directly if you must (usually still not a good idea, ESPECIALLY if their signs are non-compliant.) NEVER tell a business their sign is non-compliant.

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

why not just not shop there and never have anything good to say about the business if someone asks? I prefer to protest with my wallet rather then my mouth.

Thomas Hagemeier

Post by Thomas Hagemeier »

winters wrote:why not just not shop there and never have anything good to say about the business if someone asks? I prefer to protest with my wallet rather then my mouth.
Ditto.

I vote with my money. Recent events in the news have increased my patronage of both chick fil-a and Hobby Lobby. On the other hand, due to comments from the CEO I won't spend another dollar at Starbucks again and that even includes their k-cups for my kuerig.
Believer in God, happily married,
Love dogs, patriot, Lifetime NRA,
And Keyboard Rambo

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

davlanders wrote:Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it on a search.

You can go ahead and leave negative reviews but just don't mention 30.06. Be creative but be able to back it up.They will probably delete it anyway.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

gljjt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gljjt »

gljjt wrote:

I think it is a bad idea. In my opinion, it will bring more public visibility to the statutory requirements for effective notice resulting in more enforceable signs going up and in more unenforceable postings being replaced with enforceable signs and will result in few reversals. It can, be done (Taco Cabana), but public reviews will likely cause more damage than good.

Contact businesses directly if you must (usually still not a good idea, ESPECIALLY if their signs are non-compliant.) NEVER tell a business their sign is non-compliant.
I assumed, not correctly, that reviews would mention firearms. If they don't mention firearms, none of the above applies. Sorry!!!

bryan1980

Post by bryan1980 »

gljjt wrote:I think it is a bad idea. In my opinion, it will bring more public visibility to the statutory requirements for effective notice resulting in more enforceable signs going up and in more unenforceable postings being replaced with enforceable signs and will result in few reversals. It can, be done (Taco Cabana), but public reviews will likely cause more damage than good.

This. The open-carry crowd is already drawing too much attention to this issue, we don't need to help them. If you see a place that's incorrectly posted, the best thing to do is spend your money elsewhere if it bothers you that much. Also, in regards to a place that's posted correctly; if they took the time to research the law to find out the correct font size, wording, etc. for their sign to be legal, where their politics lie is pretty clear. A few negative reviews or letters to the president aren't going to change anything. Again, vote with your wallet and don't patronize the business if you don't have to.
5/21/14 - Submitted online app.
5/24/14 - Class
5/27/14 - Submitted CHL-100 & checklist
7/18/14 - Plastic in hand

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”