Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Police take Levelland Man's CHL - Improper sign

Post by steveincowtown »

Blue Demon wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:
Blue Demon wrote:I am a member of [a prepaid legal service] and would have called them immediately.

[Moderator edit.]
Unless you know of some service I am not aware, all the ones I have seen in Texas protect ONLY against "use of force" incidents, not LEO's ignorance of the law.

Being an LEO is just like any other profession. If you don't take the time and effort to truly "learn your craft" your knowledge of codes and laws will fade very quickly.
They provide advice and answer any questions 24 hours a day.

Perfect. Give them a ring and ask what legal protection they provide if you get arrested for not committing a crime. Again, unless it is a use a force situation, I don't see how they provide any more than a friendly voice...
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

tk1700
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tk1700 »

Has anyone heard more on the results of this?

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G.A. Heath »

Just before this thread took off again today I contacted the OP, he has no new info but is going to see if he can track something down in the next few days for us.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 8

Post by troglodyte »

Sorry for not checking up on this. I've had a sudden change in my position at work (for the better) and another issue to deal with so I've not thought much about it in the last couple of weeks. I'll see what I can track down.

Topic author
troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I finally remembered and had opportunity at the same time to look back into this matter.

Apparently the case is still active. The CHL holder and the Hospital aren't saying anything since it is ongoing.

Sorry I don't have anything better to tell you. I'll keep checking on it.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

troglodyte wrote:I finally remembered and had opportunity at the same time to look back into this matter.

Apparently the case is still active. The CHL holder and the Hospital aren't saying anything since it is ongoing.

Sorry I don't have anything better to tell you. I'll keep checking on it.
Thanks for the update!
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Keep us in the Loop.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
troglodyte

Re: Police take Levelland Man's CHL - Improper sign. UPDATE

Post by troglodyte »

A quick update. According to a newspaper man the CHL holder had his license replaced by the State. The individual was never asked to leave the premise and a call, not a text,was made to the police. It was alluded to that their may still be legal action being taken towards the police department. My understanding is the administrator of the facility does not agree with the firearm restriction but is tied by corporate policy.

Not much info and is only as good as the man that relayed it.

G.A. Heath

Re: Police take Levelland Man's CHL - UPDATE 3/23

Post by G.A. Heath »

Thanks for the update, I seem to recall that you have spoken with the licensee after the incident happened. Should you speak with him again could you please give him my email address aaron@GunRightsInTexas.com and let him know if he is interested in sharing his story I would like to help him do so.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

G.A. Heath wrote:Thanks for the update, I seem to recall that you have spoken with the licensee after the incident happened. Should you speak with him again could you please give him my email address aaron@GunRightsInTexas.com and let him know if he is interested in sharing his story I would like to help him do so.

I hope he contacts you...

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:EDIT: I can't see the sign itself posted in the OP (work blocked for some reason). I'm assuming its a valid 30.06 sign
It is not. Not even close.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

Blue Demon wrote:I am a member of [a prepaid legal service] and would have called them immediately.

[Moderator edit.]
Any reason that the [a prepaid legal service] 's name can't be mentioned? I know other threads have specifically mentioned [a prepaid legal service] by name several times with no moderator intervention. Is this a new policy?

BTW, keep us informed on this case. This seems like an opportunity for TSRA, NRA, OCT, or any other pro-2A organization to help set some precedent to the 30.06 law.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Jason K wrote:

[Moderator edit.]
Any reason that the [a prepaid legal service] 's name can't be mentioned? I know other threads have specifically mentioned [a prepaid legal service] by name several times with no moderator intervention. Is this a new policy?

BTW, keep us informed on this case. This seems like an opportunity for TSRA, NRA, OCT, or any other pro-2A organization to help set some precedent to the 30.06 law.
With all due respect, the last thing this guy needs is involvement from OCT. The guy has solid footing in the statutes. No sense in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

TexasCajun wrote:
Jason K wrote:

[Moderator edit.]

With all due respect, the last thing this guy needs is involvement from OCT. The guy has solid footing in the statutes. No sense in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
I agree.....but I wouldn't put it past them, either. :leaving

bigity

Post by bigity »

I was just coming here to look for an update to this. Thanks :)
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”