CHL and early voting

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
XnTx
Posts in topic: 2

CHL and early voting

Post by XnTx »

For fun I used my CHL for my early voting ID in Highland Village. It was accepted, but the clerk grumbled that it wouldn't "scan" and asked if I had a DL instead. No problem. Vote early and often!
CHL - 9/22/11
NRA Life Member - 12/12/15
XDS .45 or P380

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL and early voting

Post by nightmare69 »

Nice. You can early vote anywhere in the county you reside in correct?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
XnTx
Posts in topic: 2

Post by XnTx »

Yes. Check your county election website for locations if not known.
CHL - 9/22/11
NRA Life Member - 12/12/15
XDS .45 or P380

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

XnTx wrote:For fun I used my CHL for my early voting ID in Highland Village. It was accepted, but the clerk grumbled that it wouldn't "scan" and asked if I had a DL instead. No problem. Vote early and often!
Can't vote often. I'm not a Democrat. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

...or deceased.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sjfcontrol »

My DL didn't scan. They can manually enter it.

I don't remember voter ID being one of the few exceptions it the law prohibiting DL scans. :banghead:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

What!!!! I can't get a picture ID. They're discriminating against me. I should be able to use my SNAP EBT card to vote! You know the one that I had to show picture ID to get....!! Why isn't my Consular Matricular good enough to vote? How 'bout my expired passport from Venezuela and my (overstayed) visa. Hillary thought I was good enough to get in, why can't I vote for her. :cryin
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

stash

Post by stash »

The last time I voted my DL would not scan either. Had something to do my name being a little different on DL versus voter reg. records. DL had Jr. and voter records had the II. This time wife and I voted by mail. What a snap.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Interesting to hear everyone's experiences. I guess my CHL wouldn't scan, either; the lady had to read off the # on the CHL and type it in. No grumbling, though.

I also had to initial where it showed that there were two different names for me; one with my full middle name, and one with my middle initial. I'm guessing the voter registration has the middle initial. But no hassles, and was happy to contribute towards normalizing the use of CHL for the voting clerks :-)
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

so when does the early voting end?
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

victory

Post by victory »

GlockDude26 wrote:so when does the early voting end?
Halloween. Trick or treat? http://votetexas.gov/voting/when/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jamminbutter

Post by jamminbutter »

Had a fun experience at the polls today using my CHL.
At first the poll worker was not accepting the CHL because the database address and license address did not match. It ended up being that he was looking at my father's CHL address (we have very similar names) versus mine.

All was fine and dandy after that was cleared up.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

RHenriksen wrote:I also had to initial where it showed that there were two different names for me; one with my full middle name, and one with my middle initial. I'm guessing the voter registration has the middle initial.
Made me look. Both are the same on mine.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Lady tried swiping mine 5-6 times, even after I told her 'that license won't read in the reader'. I don't think she ever realized it was not a DL and was a CHL. :roll:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”