Finger Print Follies.....

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chop249
Posts in topic: 3

Finger Print Follies.....

Post by chop249 »

Anyone else have several problems with the printing place? My father has been to a place twice and they couldn't get the prints correct so they overrode the computer. Both times now his prints have been rejected by the State and the FBI. Any ideas, anyone have the same problem, anyone know a good solution?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Finger Print Follies.....

Post by Keith B »

chop249 wrote:Anyone else have several problems with the printing place? My father has been to a place twice and they couldn't get the prints correct so they overrode the computer. Both times now his prints have been rejected by the State and the FBI. Any ideas, anyone have the same problem, anyone know a good solution?
Get some Corn Huskers lotion, usually available at Walmart. Use that to moisten the fingers for several days before taking the prints. This will help raise the ridges. Drink lots of water as well for the week before so he is hydrated. On the day of prints make sure no oils on the hands and make sure hands are clean of oils and lotions.

That should help. However, if it doesn't work DPS will usually bypass the prints after the 3rd try.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Dear wife has no fingerprints which is a hereditary thing and had her fingerprints (what there was of them) taken three times by L3. After several calls to L3 to find out how long this was going to go on, a "name check" was done by DPS. It was quite a hassle as I recall.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

My bride has a similar problem, her prints are very light when ink is used, and virtually non-existent with the scanners. Soaking in water, Dove, Corn Husker's Lotion and such, does nothing to enhance her prints and this last time around (prints for a school district job) there was no mechanism for an override. L3 kept blaming it on her, while I called them complaining about their inadequate equipment and rude treatment of my wife.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Go to the local DPS licensing office and see if they can help you?

Outnumbered

Post by Outnumbered »

I had to redo my fingerprints a couple of months ago for my CHL. The tech mentioned fine lines on my fingers being the problem. After the redo she said that DPS wouldn't do another redo. I did get another letter saying there was a problem with my fingerprints (after the redo), but when I called DPS, they said everything was fine. I received my CHL maybe a week later.

Edited to add: I forgot to ask, have you talked to them after the last rejection? What did they say?

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

When I did the U.S. Customs Bypass thing, they had to enter "Prints Waived" in their computer. No ridges. But no problem.
TX CHL 1997

Topic author
chop249

Post by chop249 »

Outnumbered wrote:I had to redo my fingerprints a couple of months ago for my CHL. The tech mentioned fine lines on my fingers being the problem. After the redo she said that DPS wouldn't do another redo. I did get another letter saying there was a problem with my fingerprints (after the redo), but when I called DPS, they said everything was fine. I received my CHL maybe a week later.

Edited to add: I forgot to ask, have you talked to them after the last rejection? What did they say?
He got the letter Friday, with no call from the print place. The first time the print place had called him before he got the State's letter. He'll be calling the State tomorrow to see what they suggest.

Topic author
chop249

Post by chop249 »

Apparently after the second rejection the State did the long background check and it too was completed Friday. They told him yesterday that they issued it on Friday as well. I'm guessing it'll be in tomorrow's mail.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”