Unlicensed Possession of a Firearm Sign

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stash
Posts in topic: 2

Unlicensed Possession of a Firearm Sign

Post by stash »

Is an eating establishment that in addition to selling food sells alcohol for on site consumption but is not 51% or posted 30.06 required by TABC to post the captioned blue on white sign? Wife and I belong to a dinner club (mostly lunch) went to a restaurant this past week with the club. There was no sign of any kind at the entrance and when we went inside there was a place to place your order before you sit down. At the order location there was a long metal canoe full of iced beer (sure would look good in the summer). Also at that point a lot of different beer on tap. At this point I felt uneasy and and took the gun to the car. This place is big and the food was excellent. To make a long story short before we left I asked an employee to please check their TABC license for blue or red. She did not know what I was talking about but she did look at it for about 15 seconds and came back and said blue. I did not check it myself because I did not have access to it. Sure would have been nice if captioned sign had been posted.

I did check Russell's 30.06 website before we left with negative results.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Unlicensed Possession of a Firearm Sign

Post by jmra »

If they serve food then there is very little chance they derive 51% of their income through alcohol sales - carry on.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

stash wrote:Is an eating establishment that in addition to selling food sells alcohol for on site consumption but is not 51% or posted 30.06 required by TABC to post the captioned blue on white sign? Wife and I belong to a dinner club (mostly lunch) went to a restaurant this past week with the club. There was no sign of any kind at the entrance and when we went inside there was a place to place your order before you sit down. At the order location there was a long metal canoe full of iced beer (sure would look good in the summer). Also at that point a lot of different beer on tap. At this point I felt uneasy and and took the gun to the car. This place is big and the food was excellent. To make a long story short before we left I asked an employee to please check their TABC license for blue or red. She did not know what I was talking about but she did look at it for about 15 seconds and came back and said blue. I did not check it myself because I did not have access to it. Sure would have been nice if captioned sign had been posted.

You can further eliminate by asking to see their license (which will clearly indicate it), or by checking this site: http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Vol Texan wrote:
stash wrote:Is an eating establishment that in addition to selling food sells alcohol for on site consumption but is not 51% or posted 30.06 required by TABC to post the captioned blue on white sign? Wife and I belong to a dinner club (mostly lunch) went to a restaurant this past week with the club. There was no sign of any kind at the entrance and when we went inside there was a place to place your order before you sit down. At the order location there was a long metal canoe full of iced beer (sure would look good in the summer). Also at that point a lot of different beer on tap. At this point I felt uneasy and and took the gun to the car. This place is big and the food was excellent. To make a long story short before we left I asked an employee to please check their TABC license for blue or red. She did not know what I was talking about but she did look at it for about 15 seconds and came back and said blue. I did not check it myself because I did not have access to it. Sure would have been nice if captioned sign had been posted.

You can further eliminate by asking to see their license (which will clearly indicate it), or by checking this site: http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx
There is also a phone app Texas spirits.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Blue on the license means OK to carry there if no 30.06. They are legally supposed to have the blue Unlicensed Possession sign posted in a conspicuous location.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

WhoWouldGuess

Post by WhoWouldGuess »

Don't they also have to post the liquor license?

Topic author
stash

Post by stash »

Thanks Keith and everyone else. They did have the license posted but it was behind a counter and about 15-20 feet away.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

MeMelYup wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

There is also a phone app Texas spirits.
This app is great. It is free. And accesses the TABC database so it is current. Search for a specific place or places nearby. Maps it out. Very useful.

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

Where can I find the app? Google Play doesn't seem to have it.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Jason K wrote:Where can I find the app? Google Play doesn't seem to have it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... exas&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”