send in a packet or is it online

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JoeSummer
Posts in topic: 2

send in a packet or is it online

Post by JoeSummer »

I took my CHL class during the summer and i did my finger prints on October 28 2014. I am trying to finish up the last of my paperwork. My question is what else do i need to do to finish up my CHL? Do i need to do an online application or do i need to submit a packet. If i need to do a packet. What would i need to include in the packet?
Thanks Joe

patterson
Posts in topic: 4

Re: send in a packet or is it online

Post by patterson »

I believe I did my application online and mailed the paperwork from my chl class and when you do your fingerprints they are sent in electronically

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mtnthundr2 »

You have the option to upload all your documents online if you so choose.
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

patterson

Post by patterson »

I also thought you couldn't schedule fingerprints till after you have done the application

Topic author
JoeSummer

Post by JoeSummer »

I believe i filled out my paperwork then, took my fingerprints 3 months later. I paid the $142 in taxes then the $10 for finger prints. Now i just dont know what else i need to do. I wasn't given a packet. I was told that all the stuff that i needed was online. I was told that i would need to send in a packet certified mail. I don't have the address or a list of items that i would need to send.
thanks Joe

patterson

Post by patterson »

I never had a packet either

patterson

Post by patterson »

I believe there may be some kind of checklist you can look at on the chl site to make sure you know what to send.

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RetNavy »

if you submit it online line I suggest you copy all your paperwork into ONE file instead of separate files... easier to upload that way...
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

louisf1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by louisf1 »

When you filled the application out and paid your fees you should have also printed off a copy of your bar coded check list. This check list will tell you all that is still required of you and what needs to be sent in. If you don't recall,go back online and check the status of your application and it will show what is still outstanding.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

It's been mentioned that there is no longer a way to "status" your application online.

(There MAY still be a way to reprint your bar-code sheet.)
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

louisf1

Post by louisf1 »

According to the DPS CHL site you can still check the status. I don't have an application pending to try it out though.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

louisf1 wrote:According to the DPS CHL site you can still check the status. I don't have an application pending to try it out though.
When was the last time DPS updated their site? Last I checked it still said it was illegal to carry in a church. :banghead:

Infoman knows all... viewtopic.php?f=18&t=74290&p=942647#p942618" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

louisf1

Post by louisf1 »

Interesting, wonder why they did away with the ability to check the status. This has had to increase the number of phone calls they receive.

jmra

Post by jmra »

sjfcontrol wrote:
louisf1 wrote:According to the DPS CHL site you can still check the status. I don't have an application pending to try it out though.
When was the last time DPS updated their site? Last I checked it still said it was illegal to carry in a church. :banghead:

Infoman knows all... viewtopic.php?f=18&t=74290&p=942647#p942618" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I doubt we will ever see status updates again. Too many people complained about the updates not being instantaneous that is was simply easier to do away with it than it was to meet the complainers demands.
When people started posting "Why do you have it if you aren't going to update it", I knew it was just a matter of time. People should be careful what they ask for.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra

Post by jmra »

louisf1 wrote:Interesting, wonder why they did away with the ability to check the status. This has had to increase the number of phone calls they receive.
Actually just the opposite. When people didn't see their status change 5 mins after loading their documents they would call and complain about the system taking too long to update. Bet they get less phone complaints/inquiries now than they did before.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”