Too Close to Home

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Too Close to Home

Post by VMI77 »

Rex B wrote:Seems to me if their mother's had given these boys a nice, American name - Bob, David, Jerry - they might have turned out different. Lord knows, if my momma had named me Octavius, I'd sure 'nuff grow up with some kinda attitude! :evil2:
Well, like any Roman Emperor, you'd need it.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Too Close to Home

Post by bmwrdr »

Beiruty wrote:Also 3.5 miles from my house, we went with a reminder home safety lesson with my wife. At first, she resigned to the fact that is hopeless and best is to surrender to the wishes of the 3 bad guys.
Other than we should do to keep our house secure, here is my response.
1) If I am armed, I will engage. She was surprised when she said, but they are 3 armed bad guys. I said, this is why I go to Dallas Pistol Club and compete in Personal Protection Matches and at less than 5 yards, I can take 3 center mass shots on 3 targets in less than 5 seconds.
2) I I am not armed, I will try to disarm the closest BG using speed of motion, distraction, and brute force.
3) Instruct the family to seek safety, and then, I will engage the other 2 bad guys.
4) Surrender is NOT an option.

This is why carrying all the time, is the right choice. She went silent.
Lets just hope it is NOT happening but I respect your choice and it would be mine as well.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”