Applying for CHL at 20 years old?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DataLeak
Posts in topic: 1

Applying for CHL at 20 years old?

Post by DataLeak »

I searched high and low on this forum for this topic but couldn't find it. My situation is i'm 20 years old and turn 21 in February. I have been wanting my chl since I turned 19 and now that I am so close I can taste it it's killing me.
My goal is to get my chl the absolute earliest I can, not a day late. I understand I can't get it until February no questions asked, but what steps can I take before then to get everything set up so I can get it the soonest? I've heard before that I can take the class and get it out of the way before I turn 21 is this true? What else can I go ahead and do to get the ball rolling? Thanks before hand guys and I can't wait to join you all in taking responsibility for my own safety!

Keith B

Re: Applying for CHL at 20 years old?

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to the forum. You can take your class before your are 21, but will not be able to apply until your 21st birthday. The CHL-100 you receive from class is valid for 2 years after taking the class.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

gdanaher
Banned

Re: Applying for CHL at 20 years old?

Post by gdanaher »

If your birthday is 1 Feb, have the class completed and everything ready to go and apply the morning of 2 Feb. The computer might choke and reject 1 Feb, since you might be 21, but not over 21! Good luck and carry with care.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”