CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
omegaman
Posts in topic: 1

Colorado Restaurant

Post by omegaman »

Great video.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/AhH25xLkvz8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chemist45

Re: Colorado Restaurant

Post by Chemist45 »

Nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Although Colorado is a so-called Gold Star Open Carry state, I would suggest that one doesn't try this in Boulder, Denver or Greeley.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

We need a few of these in Texas. I wonder if a private membership only club could accomplish this?
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Right2Carry wrote:We need a few of these in Texas. I wonder if a private membership only club could accomplish this?
What would you do, strap it on once you're inside?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Right2Carry wrote:We need a few of these in Texas. I wonder if a private membership only club could accomplish this?
No, because the law states you can only openly carry on your property or that on which you are in control. Unless your name was on the deed, you were the head manager of the club, or you were engaged in a sporting activity involving the handgun, you cannot carry it openly. For instance, you cannot legally openly carry in someone else's home or on their property even if they give you permission.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Keith B wrote:
No, because the law states you can only openly carry on your property or that on which you are in control. Unless your name was on the deed, you were the head manager of the club, or you were engaged in a sporting activity involving the handgun, you cannot carry it openly. For instance, you cannot legally openly carry in someone else's home or on their property even if they give you permission.
I guess everyone could openly carry rifles then.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

FL450

Post by FL450 »

CO is constitutional carry, You can only concel in public with a CCP including in your car otberwise must be in plain site.
I spend time in Gunnison/ Cressted Butte and have only seen open carry once.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Keith B wrote: No, because the law states you can only openly carry on your property or that on which you are in control. Unless your name was on the deed, you were the head manager of the club, or you were engaged in a sporting activity involving the handgun, you cannot carry it openly. For instance, you cannot legally openly carry in someone else's home or on their property even if they give you permission.
Solved by membership providing and ownership stake. Or by having some firearms related activity available on site, such as a small pistol range...

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

FL450 wrote:CO is constitutional carry, You can only concel in public with a CCP including in your car otberwise must be in plain site.
I spend time in Gunnison/ Cressted Butte and have only seen open carry once.
Try Summit County, in the wilderness areas. You may see me.
TX CHL 1997

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

cb1000rider wrote:
Keith B wrote: No, because the law states you can only openly carry on your property or that on which you are in control. Unless your name was on the deed, you were the head manager of the club, or you were engaged in a sporting activity involving the handgun, you cannot carry it openly. For instance, you cannot legally openly carry in someone else's home or on their property even if they give you permission.
Solved by membership providing and ownership stake. Or by having some firearms related activity available on site, such as a small pistol range...
The ownership piece may be a stretch, but if it OC was accepted there and not openly visible to the public, then who is gonna call and complain?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

I can't help but think of the R. Lee Ermey Glock commercial. Bad guy walks in and someone turns and says, "Looks like he picked the wrong diner."
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”