Houston's local CBS Affiliate Reporter Lacks Gun Skills

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Houston's local CBS Affiliate Reporter Lacks Gun Skills

Post by howdy »

You can fast forward to 1:35 to see the bad part. I bet the range Officer was cringing when this was filmed.

http://www.khou.com/media/cinematic/vid ... fted-guns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Houston's local CBS Affiliate Reporter Lacks Gun Skills

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I saw that report last night and it was all positive for guns and shooting. I also noted the point you mentioned and the banner at the bottom of the screen made it impossible to see if she broke the 180 plane with the muzzle. However, I'm sure it raised the pucker factor!

I was also disappointed that some of the girls were allowed to shoot with very poor grip, including one who put her weak hand thumb behind the slide. Again, it was a very positive report.

Chas.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

:iagree:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: I was also disappointed that some of the girls were allowed to shoot with very poor grip, including one who put her weak hand thumb behind the slide. Again, it was a very positive report.

Chas.
A little grip instruction probably would have solved the malfunction problem from the young lady limp-wristing the Glock.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

TXBO wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote: I was also disappointed that some of the girls were allowed to shoot with very poor grip, including one who put her weak hand thumb behind the slide. Again, it was a very positive report.

Chas.
A little grip instruction probably would have solved the malfunction problem from the young lady limp-wristing the Glock.
But Glocks aint sapose to jam. Mine hasn't yet and hopefully never will. It also has eaten everything I have fed it, so far.
Last edited by MeMelYup on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

TXBO wrote:

Chas.
Yeah, the RSO/instructor said "I don't know why you keep having malfunctions"...it was obvious limp-wristing.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”