Texas Capitol rules .. not what you think.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
68Charger
Posts in topic: 2

Texas Capitol rules .. not what you think.

Post by 68Charger »

My girlfriend has recently got an internship and she is going to be going to the capitol, and she does not possess a CHL. I got her a knife for Christmas, a Kershaw 1735 (discontinued) and it meets the Texas laws. I know you have to pass through metal detectors in the capitol (unless you have a CHL, and possess a legal knife), and don't know the rules or regulations they have regarding knives.

I searched anything relating to my inquiry, but did not find anything. I also searched the official websites, and still can't find anything.

If you know where I can find something in writing, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.
We don't need no stinking badges!

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Capitol rules .. not what you think.

Post by SigM4 »

Not sure of what the knife rules are, but may be the perfect opportunity to talk to her about getting her CHL if she's so inclined. Might help to lay out the benefits of it as it relates to entrance into the Capitol.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

I believe staff and frequent visitors to the Capitol can also now get an ID that amounts to a CHL without the gun-related parts: i.e. a background check and it lets you bypass the normal security and go through the CHL entry point. I don't have a link, but I saw a reference to it in a news story. If I am correct, someone in her office should be able to tell her how to get it. A CHL would be mo' bettah, but the Capitol ID might be faster/easier, and perhaps helps with the knife.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
68Charger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 68Charger »

She wants to get her CHL, but we need more practice with her.

It's funny, because I would think at least this would be something in clear writing like a handgun would be. Again, I know they have metal detectors but are they just searching for a gun or are they like the TSA?
We don't need no stinking badges!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”