New To CHL, Arrest Questions

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rfoxjr
Posts in topic: 3

New To CHL, Arrest Questions

Post by rfoxjr »

I am working on the online application for the CHL. While I was a teenager, I was arrested for not paying some speeding tickets and a Public Intoxication. I do not remember the dates of the offenses or any other information for that matter.

What should I list as offenses to indicate the admittance of these arrests without knowing all the details?

Thanks in advanced for your assistance.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New To CHL, Arrest Questions

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to the forum.

You need to contact the court you appeared at for a certified copy of the disposition on those arrests/charges. Once you have that, then list them on the application. If there is something you know happened where you were arrested and fingerprinted, but it doesn't show up on the disposition, go ahead and list it with he date of the court appearance, and state that the court has no record of the event. Include the disposition paper with the application. if they have questions or need more info they will contact you when processing the application.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
rfoxjr

Post by rfoxjr »

Thank you for your advice. I have begun the process as you have described.

I will report back.

Topic author
rfoxjr

Post by rfoxjr »

I spoke with the local courts and have been able to get copies of the arrest reports. I also spoke with the county for any disposition reports and they say they have non under my name/DOB.

Shall I just enter in the dates, charges from the arrest reports? Result of each case was release upon paying the fine.

Thanks

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

rfoxjr wrote:I spoke with the local courts and have been able to get copies of the arrest reports. I also spoke with the county for any disposition reports and they say they have non under my name/DOB.

Shall I just enter in the dates, charges from the arrest reports? Result of each case was release upon paying the fine.

Thanks
List each arrest with date, and send a letter from the county showing they have no record of the charges or any active disposition record for them. Keep the arrest reports, don't send them. You will only need them if DPS requests additional information.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AJSully421 »

I agree with Keith. I had an overnighter on a reckless driving and evading arrest charge. Charges were dropped because the whole thing was bull, but I was arrested and printed.

I put dates and charges on the CHL form and submitted a clear certified BG check from the Tarrant County Clerk, and the state never came back and asked for anything more, they just sent me my plastic.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”