Fed Up and Want to Carry!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Fed Up and Want to Carry!!

Post by ScottDLS »

OK guys (and gals) I've held a CHL in Texas since it was lawful. I struggle with carrying full size so I mostly carry a .380. It's what I can conceal. I have work requirements to travel to states where my TXCHL (and others) are not valid. Also international, heheh no guns there.

Now I'm (minorly) angry. There's SIGNS, there's RULE's, there's the proverbial "RIDE". I now carry <10% of the time.

OK guys, I'm going to pack 24/7 when it's legal. I'm in Commiefornia now. But when I'm home in Texas I'm going to pack. I always have SIG226 in glove box (and extra mag). I'm going to 6'oclock my PPK/s and I don't give darn.... :-) I'm going to Grapevine Mills. I'm going to Love Field, I'm going to AA center (non-pro sporting even).

Sorry I'm ranting. I moved to Texas over 24 years ago after serving our country. Darn it, now I'm going to carry a gun because I can!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew certain people in the '80's that carried before it was legal.

Long live Texas ! :txflag:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

remington79
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fed Up and Want to Carry!!

Post by remington79 »

Just don't carry at the 6 you don't want to fall and have it jam into your spine. Try to find another position and/or holster that will work better.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Another opinion about small-of-back carry: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=21342#p242742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

logically I just can't figure out why the state of Texas trusts you to carry a weapon for self defense, BUT only sometimes where they say you can.....
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

remington79
Posts in topic: 2

Post by remington79 »

GlockDude26 wrote:logically I just can't figure out why the state of Texas trusts you to carry a weapon for self defense, BUT only sometimes where they say you can.....
:iagree:

I just moved back after living in a state with better laws than here. Where I was you could carry everywhere except for courthouses, secure areas of jails and prisons and schools. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I could even carry to vote, be a designated driver at the bar or at sporting events. You only needed the permit if you were inside incorporated city limits, if you were out in the county you didn't need one. Plus the initial permit was only $55 (still too much for a right but that's a different topic) with no expensive classes to take. You had to have taken hunter's ed or a gun safety course. If I wanted to take a CCW specific course it was for the enhanced permit that allows you to carry on college campuses.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”