Another 51% Sign Issue...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RJGold
Posts in topic: 7

Another 51% Sign Issue...

Post by RJGold »

Went to the Spec's down in Missouri City (Riverstone neighborhood) this evening and they have a 51% sign on the door???

Got home and looked them up on the TABC Website (thanks for the lesson Keith) and they are Gun Sign = Blue.

Downloaded the complaint form and submitted it to TABC.

We'll see what happens. I sure hope they change it as I really like that Specs and I am going to hate finding a new package store.
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Another 51% Sign Issue...

Post by C-dub »

It's probably just a mistake by that manager. I've been in two Spec's and both of them only had the "Unlicensed Possession" signs posted. If it were intentional, they probably would have put up a 30.06 instead.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

I've been in and out that particular Spec's for years now and never seen a 51% sign. Always the Blue Unlicensed Carry sign.

It's changed in the last few weeks...

I've been in other Spec's as well and only noticed the Blue signs as well.
Take Care.
RJ

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

You can still shop there while concealed carrying even though they have the wrong sign. It's what the TABC says, not what sign they have up if they have the wrong sign up.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

mojo84 wrote:You can still shop there while concealed carrying even though they have the wrong sign. It's what the TABC says, not what sign they have up if they have the wrong sign up.
I appreciate that but I look at intent. Someone at that store doesn't want guns there. If that's the case, they don't want my money either. We'll see if it gets corrected...
Take Care.
RJ

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RJGold wrote:
mojo84 wrote:You can still shop there while concealed carrying even though they have the wrong sign. It's what the TABC says, not what sign they have up if they have the wrong sign up.
I appreciate that but I look at intent. Someone at that store doesn't want guns there. If that's the case, they don't want my money either. We'll see if it gets corrected...
They also might very well have only put up the signs they were sent and were ignorant of what was and was not supposed to be posted.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

C-dub wrote:
RJGold wrote:
They also might very well have only put up the signs they were sent and were ignorant of what was and was not supposed to be posted.
Up until a few weeks ago, they had blue signs. They changed to 51% a few weeks ago. Not sure what drove the change.
Take Care.
RJ

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RJGold wrote:

People commonly put up the signs incorrectly without realizing it. They probably assumed that was the right one since they sell liquor. They will be required by law to correct it when TABC addresses it. I wouldn't assume their intent is to prohibit concealed carry.

If they put up a 30.06 sign, then that's different.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

mojo84 wrote:
RJGold wrote:

People commonly put up the signs incorrectly without realizing it. They probably assumed that was the right one since they sell liquor. They will be required by law to correct it when TABC addresses it. I wouldn't assume their intent is to prohibit concealed carry.

If they put up a 30.06 sign, then that's different.
I can't argue intent. I just know the signs have been blue for a few years and are now red. Same people working there as far as I can tell.
Take Care.
RJ

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

I noticed recently that the 51% sign is gone from this location...

They didn't put the "unlicensed carry" sign back up but the 51% sign is no longer in the window.
Take Care.
RJ

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

RJGold wrote:I noticed recently that the 51% sign is gone from this location...

They didn't put the "unlicensed carry" sign back up but the 51% sign is no longer in the window.
Which makes sense, because a package store is not normally licensed for "on-premises consumption". They should be only displaying the "unlicensed possession" signs (according to what I understand about the laws), so apparently there's someone there who is very confused (imagine that, with all the conversations we have on the forum about the same laws!).
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jimlongley »

Possibly TABC contacted them.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

jimlongley wrote:

Possibly TABC contacted them.
Possible. I notified TABC via their website a few months ago. I haven't been back down there in a while and just noticed it this weekend.
Take Care.
RJ

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Unless I'm mistaken they shouldn't have ANY 51% signs up as it is illegal to consume alcohol in a liquor store in Texas.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think they should have the blue unlicensed weapons prohibited sign up.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”