Are CHL courses rated?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Are CHL courses rated?

Post by C-dub »

My BIL is getting a bit more serious about wanting to get his CHL. One place he's inquired at is really trying to sell their course pretty heavily to him. They even told him that they are top rated in the state. This sounded odd to me. I don't think I've ever heard of there being a rating system for different courses. Is there?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are CHL courses rated?

Post by CoffeeNut »

I've never seen a "rating" advertised for any class or program. I think reviews are mildly important when it comes to ranges/tactical courses so maybe he just means they're well reviewed on Google?
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I don't know if the guy might be talking about how good the class is rated or if there is some kind of rating based on the number of licenses obtained by people that have taken your class.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

We have an instructor here that advertises being the Number One Rated Instructor in the area. Potential students buy into it, the rest of us instructors get a pretty good chuckle out of him. Personally I don't like it because it's false advertising.
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

Seabear wrote:We have an instructor here that advertises being the Number One Rated Instructor in the area. Potential students buy into it, the rest of us instructors get a pretty good chuckle out of him. Personally I don't like it because it's false advertising.
maybe that's his rating in his own mind. "rlol"

jmra

Post by jmra »

Seabear wrote:We have an instructor here that advertises being the Number One Rated Instructor in the area. Potential students buy into it, the rest of us instructors get a pretty good chuckle out of him. Personally I don't like it because it's false advertising.
Pretty easy to get past the false advertising part. Lots of sites out there that allow customers to rate products and services. If he is the only class in the area that's being rated then he is in fact the highest rated class in the area.
Advertising had always skirted the truth. I still laugh every time I hear the KIA guy say "If I can't beat a new KIA deal I'll just give it to ya".
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

PaJ wrote:
maybe that's his rating in his own mind. "rlol"
I know the instructors statement can't be true, becuase the top rated CHL insctructor in Texas is ME!

(within a 2 foot radius of my current location at any given time) :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Does Crossfire know about this Keith? :coolgleamA:

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

C-dub wrote:Does Crossfire know about this Keith? :coolgleamA:
Yes, and she agrees with my WHOLE statement above, as long as the portion in parenthesis is included. LOL
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Such a claim would likely cost him his statutory immunity from civil liability. Since DPS does not rate instructors and there is no industry association that does so under a structured program, then one could argue either DTPA violations, fraud, or both.

Chas.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Keith B wrote:
C-dub wrote:Does Crossfire know about this Keith? :coolgleamA:
Yes, and she agrees with my WHOLE statement above, as long as the portion in parenthesis is included. LOL
:thumbs2:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

I wish their was some sort of rating. My class and instructor was terrible. We spent most of the 8 hours or whatever it was going over the answers to the test and nothing else. We had multiple people who had never shot a gun before or didn't know how to operate the gun they brought; talk about scarry being beside them in the range.

But then I hear about instructors all they do is use the time to pimp their friends insurance they sell. And have to listen to people tell stories about stuff that have nothing to do with the chl class.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”