Texas mom points gun at fighting schoolgirls

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas mom points gun at fighting schoolgirls

Post by jmra »

I suspect that if she had a CHL it would have been printed in big bold letters in the story headline.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

she is a 33yr-old and has a son in high school??! At what age she got her first baby?
Also, if she has a CHL, isn't"mere display or threat of use of a handgun" is considered force and not deadly force when force is justified?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jmra

Post by jmra »

Beiruty wrote:she is a 33yr-old and has a son in high school??! At what age she got her first baby?
Also, if she has a CHL, isn't"mere display or threat of use of a handgun" is considered force and not deadly force when force is justified?
Don't know if she has a son or not. According to the story she has a daughter in high school. If the daughter is a 14 year old freshman that would mean the mother had her at 19. If the daughter were a 17 year old the mother would have had her at 16, happens more often than people think.
ETA: according to the video in the link below the daughter is 14 which would have made the mother 19 when she gave birth. http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/tex ... -1.2131269
Last edited by jmra on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Just when I thought I heard everything, times sure have changed since my High School days and not for the better. This goes to show that stupidity cannot be fixed and once all the facts are out and if they align with the printed story I hope they enforce the laws and hold her fully accountable for her actions......
Salty1

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

We sure do get a lot of cell phone videos of this kind of thing. Fights among youngsters, assaults and other such mayhem. There are too many folks out there living through a lens and not participating in life. I am all for documentation, evidence gathering and such, but when the stuff hits the internet before it goes to the police there is a problem. I'm done ranting now. The mother should have tried to separate them herself, and any other responsible adult there should have assisted. I saw no weapons other than fists and such between the two combatants. There were enough people there to separate them. My opinion is of course, just that. Mine. Others may have different ones.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

lonewolf wrote:We sure do get a lot of cell phone videos of this kind of thing. Fights among youngsters, assaults and other such mayhem. There are too many folks out there living through a lens and not participating in life. I am all for documentation, evidence gathering and such, but when the stuff hits the internet before it goes to the police there is a problem. I'm done ranting now. The mother should have tried to separate them herself, and any other responsible adult there should have assisted. I saw no weapons other than fists and such between the two combatants. There were enough people there to separate them. My opinion is of course, just that. Mine. Others may have different ones.
It also seems that the fight was by mutual agreement between the two young ladies.
NRA Endowment Member

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

33. That's common for a high school freshman's parent to be that age. I have seen as young as 27. But many are 28-31. Nothing surprises me anymore when talking about youths and fighting or bad parenting. I have seen it all.

You know the saying about the apple and the tree.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I attended that high school and the park, which is within spitting distance to the school, was a favorite place to meet up to settle disputes. They usually didn't last long because the school staff would notice and come over right away and break them up quickly. Things have sadly progressed to the point guns and knives come out. This is the first time I've seen a parent involved. Kids will always get in fights, but there's absolutely no excuse for the parent's behavior. Less than a month ago my wife broke up a fight in a park and was accosted and verbally abused by a parent who came over to her after the incident to tell her to mind her own business. It's a different world.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Beiruty wrote:she is a 33yr-old and has a son in high school??! At what age she got her first baby?
Not all that hard to do, Loretta Lynn was a grandmother at 28, and I was a grandfather at 33, not hard to do at all.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

jimlongley wrote:
Not all that hard to do, Loretta Lynn was a grandmother at 28, and I was a grandfather at 33, not hard to do at all.
I was almost 33 when my first child was born. I figured I'd be having my diapers changed and chewing soggy bread before I'd be a grandfather! Just took until I was over 60!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

puma guy wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
I was almost 33 when my first child was born. I figured I'd be having my diapers changed and chewing soggy bread before I'd be a grandfather! Just took until I was over 60!
I became a great-grandfather at 65, this generation took a little longer.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I worked with a guy who was 32 with a 32 year old wife and had a 16 year old daughter. Good hard working and intelligent guy too.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

In this article that I saw, she said the gun wasn't loaded.

http://conservativetribune.com/ethics-c ... arry-reid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If true, she did two stupid things.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Regarding early parenthood, of the married kind:

You know, after a marriage the first child can come anytime...all the rest take 9 months!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”