Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pastormike73
Posts in topic: 2

New Member with a question.

Post by Pastormike73 »

Hello,

Mike here from Gatesville, Texas.

My CC is a Springfield XD .40 Subcompact.

So after finishing up the CHL class, fingerprints, etc, I mailed my packet off Dec 1st 2014. I got a reply back through mail Jan 16th that there was a need for further review. Seems I had a felony on my record from 1996. I do remember this, because it was dismissed 2 weeks later in 1997. By dismissal, I mean never even made it to court. Wasn't adjudicated, it just fell through the cracks. Best the DA could tell me, was that the Sheriffs Dept never sent a copy of the dismissal into the DPS. After a couple of weeks of searching and asking questions from SD and the DA, they finally found a copy of the dismissal. I copied it and sent it to DPS Feb 16th. I called and they said they had received it.

Anyone know a ball park figure on when I might get my CHL? Anyone had this issue before?

Thank you in advance.

Mike

thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Member with a question.

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Hello pastormike. Sorry, not a clue how to answer your question. Just wanted to say from one new guy to another, welcome to the site. I've already learned there are lots of good folks here. Maybe somebody can help you out with an answer.

Good luck!

jmra

Post by jmra »

Welcome to the forum. It shouldn't take long now that they have the paperwork. I assume when you say that you have a felony on your record you actually mean you have a felony arrest on your record for which charges were dropped?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Welcome to the forum! Depending on where the DPS was in the process when your arrest turned up, it shouldn't be too much longer. That is, unless they find something else that slipped your mind.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Topic author
Pastormike73

Post by Pastormike73 »

Correct, I was arrested on the felony charge. It was dismissed two days latter. As far as slipped my mind, I never knew it was an issue. Far as I knew, it was dismissed. Should have never been an issue with my CHL. Like the SD said, its possible they just didn't send off the dismissal to the DPS. That's the only thing they could figure. They actually apologized.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Pastormike73 wrote:Correct, I was arrested on the felony charge. It was dismissed two days latter. As far as slipped my mind, I never knew it was an issue. Far as I knew, it was dismissed. Should have never been an issue with my CHL. Like the SD said, its possible they just didn't send off the dismissal to the DPS. That's the only thing they could figure. They actually apologized.
Should be good to go. Unfortunately it is very much like watching a pot waiting for the water to boil.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

Mike,

First off I would like to welcome you to the forum from another Gatesville area guy. I am a new guy to this board as well. I can tell you on the 13 of Feb I sent in my paperwork and 2 March I received the my plastic.

From what I have seen on the board and the ones I have talked to it is 15-20 days. As stated before, It was like watching a pot boil... I was going stir crazy checking the DPS website daily.

I wish you luck and hope that it gets there soon.

AJ
Death before dismount/ US Army 1999-2006
NRA Life Member
American Legion Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”