CHL Renewal question?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL Renewal question?

Post by RoyGBiv »

I'm betting that "retention" will just be another section to be taught out of a manual.
I'm also betting that existing CHL's will be grandfathered.

Just a guess. I would not wait to renew. YMMV
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The earliest you can renew is 6 months before expiration.

Although I could be wrong, I don't think there will be any additional training requirement for those of us who already have a license. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

You won't be required to take any further training. The retention stuff will just be added as a section that we have to teach.
You will receive a notification about the time your renewal window opens up, so don't worry about it until then.
NRA lifetime member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I thought renewal classes were done away with last session? Still have to renew, but the class is no longer required. Am I misremembering that?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KC5AV »

C-dub wrote:I thought renewal classes were done away with last session? Still have to renew, but the class is no longer required. Am I misremembering that?
You are correct, but there is supposed to be a notice sent out letting you know that you are now within the time-frame where you can renew your license online.
NRA lifetime member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”