Questions on Driving thru States that don't honor TXCHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Questions on Driving thru States that don't honor TXCHL

Post by sugar land dave »

RonW956 wrote:I would suggest buying one of the "Nano vault's" as they come in different sizes, they do come in handy as I use mine on occasion when going out & if there is a 30.06 sign I just go back to the car & lock it up.
:iagree: Works for me.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

saltydog452

Post by saltydog452 »

Changes happen.

A couple of years ago, the combination of Texas and Utah Concealed plastic covered about 35 some odd states in recipical agreements. Texas and Florida Concealed authorization opens (did) just about as many doors.

My Utah CC authorization hasn't expired yet, so I figure it is still valid.

Several months ago here at Texas CHL Forum, there was a link that carried the viewer to a pictorial map of USA states that honored recipical states.

Laws and the winds of change vary. Maybe the Utah, Florida, and Texas authorizations cver less territory now.

salty

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

RonW956 wrote:I travel often between Texas & illinois and although a Texas CHL is good for OK & MO but not illinois. What I've done was to purchase a "nano Vault" and unload my pistol and lock it up in the vault that is tethered with a steel cable to the trunk, the ammo is locked up in a sepparate box.

I would suggest buying one of the "Nano vault's" as they come in different sizes, they do come in handy as I use mine on occasion when going out & if there is a 30.06 sign I just go back to the car & lock it up.
Thanks for the Nano vault suggestion. I looked at their site and they have a couple products that interest me.

Topic author
martywj

Post by martywj »

Anyone have info where in the Fort Worth area I can talk to someone about us getting the Utah or Florida non-resident license? That is probably the way we will go as far as Washington. We will just disarm and lock our weapons up while passing through Oregon.
We already have a couple of the nano-vaults.
Marty

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

Utah will require Utah training, but is cheaper in the long run.

Florida will not require additional training and can be done 100% by mail.

I'd spend 15 minutes in the Florida website.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Florida won't work for Washington anymore. Small quote from their website below:

States Recognizing Florida License

PLEASE NOTE: The reciprocity information on this page is ALWAYS CURRENT. The Division of Licensing constantly monitors changing gun laws in other states and attempts to negotiate agreements as the laws in those states allow.

Recent Modifications to the Reciprocity List:

April 25, 2013: Effective this date, WASHINGTON will no longer honor a Florida concealed weapon license.
February 4, 2013: Effective this date, PENNSYLVANIA will no longer honor a Florida concealed weapon license if the license holder is not a RESIDENT of the state of Florida.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”