Dallas World Aquarium 30.06?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Elza
Posts in topic: 1

Dallas World Aquarium 30.06?

Post by Elza »

I can’t find any listing for the Dallas World Aquarium stating that it is posted 30.06. Anyone have recent knowledge in this regard?

I ran across a discussion on a forum that claimed that it was an educational institution because it received funding from “educational sources” and was therefore covered under 46.03. This sounds a bit bazaar to me. A lot of the restrictions on CHL holders are idiotic but this one sounds a bit over the top.
Fred Schroeder

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering, if during their life on earth, they made a difference in the world. But, soldiers don't have that problem.

mr1337

Re: Dallas World Aquarium 30.06?

Post by mr1337 »

Haven't been there, but it's not listed at Texas3006.com. I'm sure if it was posted, it would be on there due to the amount of traffic the aquarium gets.

I can assure you, it's not prohibited under 46.03 unless a school-sponsored event is being held there.
(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;
This is a big grey area, because how are you supposed to know when a school-sponsored event is happening? (like a field trip)

However, the general consensus is that if you're not a part of the school sponsored event happening off of school grounds (like a field trip) you should be fine.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

I was there in Feb, no 30.06 sign. Just the "unlicensed carry" TABC sign, the restaurants serve alcohol.

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

mr1337 wrote:Haven't been there, but it's not listed at Texas3006.com. I'm sure if it was posted, it would be on there due to the amount of traffic the aquarium gets.

I can assure you, it's not prohibited under 46.03 unless a school-sponsored event is being held there.
(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;
This is a big grey area, because how are you supposed to know when a school-sponsored event is happening? (like a field trip)

However, the general consensus is that if you're not a part of the school sponsored event happening off of school grounds (like a field trip) you should be fine.

As long as you are not part of the field trip, you are fine. Carry away.

The Wall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Wall »

It's not considered an amusement park?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The Wall wrote:It's not considered an amusement park?
No. Amusement Park has specific requirements to meet the definition.
TPC 46.035
(f) In this section:
(1) "Amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for
use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface
area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has
security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
It also must be posted 30.06 to be off limits.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Wall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Wall »

Thanks Keith for the information.

Bigval

Post by Bigval »

As of August 12, 2017, they only have the 30.07 sign posted.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”