30.06 list at www.texas3006.com

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JustSomeGuy
Posts in topic: 1

30.06 list at www.texas3006.com

Post by JustSomeGuy »

For what it's worth, in case it helps others, http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a handy reference list for anyone concerned about where they cannot carry concealed under current 30.06 law.

RogueUSMC

Re: 30.06 list at www.texas3006.com

Post by RogueUSMC »

JustSomeGuy wrote:For what it's worth, in case it helps others, http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a handy reference list for anyone concerned about where they cannot carry concealed under current 30.06 law.
Thank you for the shoutout! Russell has worked hard on that! Welcome to the forum by the way.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Just be aware that http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is only a list of locations that have been submitted by individuals. It more than likely is not an all inclusive listing of locations that are posted.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Welcome to the forum.

And taking the opportunity to also thank Russell. It's very appreciated!
Ron
NRA Member

mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

There is a good app called Texas Spirits that will show you all places that allow or don't allow weapons. Also shows 51%

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

JustSomeGuy wrote:For what it's worth, in case it helps others, http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a handy reference list for anyone concerned about where they cannot carry concealed under current 30.06 law.
Texas3006.com was created by a member of this forum. Most of the listings there came from members here who participated in building up his database.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

mulfjohn wrote:There is a good app called Texas Spirits that will show you all places that allow or don't allow weapons. Also shows 51%
Texas spirits is great, but it accesses the DPS liquor license database so only shows blue or red license status. No 30.06 info. But for red/blue, it is a fantastic app and is free.

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

Keith B wrote:Just be aware that http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is only a list of locations that have been submitted by individuals. It more than likely is not an all inclusive listing of locations that are posted.
I think I've posted this idea before, but I'd like to see a law where any property owner posting a 30.06 has to submit the location of the sign to DPS, who would then post it online in an official listing of all 30.06's.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

Are "apps" available without owning a smart phone?

Can they be accessed using the internet?

Thanks!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

CleverNickname wrote:
Keith B wrote:Just be aware that http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is only a list of locations that have been submitted by individuals. It more than likely is not an all inclusive listing of locations that are posted.
I think I've posted this idea before, but I'd like to see a law where any property owner posting a 30.06 has to submit the location of the sign to DPS, who would then post it online in an official listing of all 30.06's.
For me, the idea of the specifications for the 30.06 sign make it very difficult to miss - if you are paying attention and the specifics are followed. I really don't want to make it any more difficult for a business that puts up a 30.06 sign and then has second thoughts to do anything but take it down.

I admit to not venturing into new businesses without checking them out. I'm a creature of habit from a shopping perspective so it is rare that I get surprised as I was at the Haverty's warehouse. Their stores don't have those signs. I recently attended a meeting a place that serves alcohol and, in addition to running their address with the online maps in advance, I also checked their TABC license and found "gun sign - red."

I want the least government possible. The chances are that if any governmental entity has a list of something, it is approaching 50% incorrect.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Abraham wrote:Are "apps" available without owning a smart phone?

Can they be accessed using the internet?

Thanks!
"Apps" (short for applications) are by their very nature, specific to the model smartphone that the were designed for, i.e. IOS (for Iphones or Ipads), Android, or Windows phones.

But, http://texas3006.com is a web site, that's accessible to everyone with a web browser.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

n5wd,

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”