Forgot I was carrying .....not good

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Forgot I was carrying .....not good

Post by RoyGBiv »

Strange how habits can make you too comfortable sometimes.

Thanks for the reminder. ;-)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

joe817

Post by joe817 »

One of those OOPPPSS moments I'm sure! :shock: Glad you caught it in time.

I did the same thing. At the last moment I realized I was carrying into a place that was totally off limits to carry. Quickly did an about face & went back to the car to disarm. I visualized my CHL license sprouting wings and flying away, never to be seen again. :lol:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I absent mindedly carried into our post office once. :eek6 You know what happened....nothing. :leaving

goose

Post by goose »

It is one of those unfortunate dichotomies. We dress for the comfort to be able to forget. And then we try to never forget. As others have said, a good reminder for the mortals, of which I am one.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

My bride did the same sort of thing a couple of weeks ago. Now retired as a school administrator, she still subs from time to time, and she arrived at a school only to realize that now that she carries more often than she did when she worked at the school full time, she was carrying. Stuck it in the glove compartment and worried about it all day.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Oldgringo wrote:I absent mindedly carried into our post office once. :eek6 You know what happened....nothing. :leaving
Did the same the other morning, completely forgot about the post office rule. Considering the lack of service, it doesn't surprise me that they ban guns...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Oldgringo wrote:I absent mindedly carried into our post office once. :eek6 You know what happened....nothing. :leaving
I did the same thing once......and realized it just as my turn came to be called up to the counter. Rather than lose my cool, I concluded my business and did not tarry. No black helicopters followed me home, but I am much more cautious now whenever circumstances force me to go to the post office - a thing which I abhor and avoid at all costs.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ELB

Post by ELB »

"Keep Calm and Carry On."
USAF 1982-2005

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

I did it this past Monday. Stopped at library to vote; left gun in auto lock box; removed bluetooth earbud and stuck it in my shirt pocket (not allowed in voting box). Long story short after voting and running various errands only to get home and cannot find earbud - so began retracing all my stops - first was library/voting and I walked right in like I had sense to ask if anyone had found an earbud - no and as I turned to walk out my arm brushed my pistol butt and I went paranoid. LOL Story has a happy ending - I found my earbud at home where it had popped out of shirt pocket when I removed my keys to open front door to let the dogs into their front porch run.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

Taypo wrote:
Did the same the other morning, completely forgot about the post office rule. Considering the lack of service, it doesn't surprise me that they ban guns...
:lol::

The post office is one of those errands that usually is at the end of a long day, or at the very start of the day and it is quite easy to forget you've got your weapon on you. And since it is federal there are no handy 30.06 signs to tell us we're about to sin.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Yep I done it 2 times over the years.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”