Gas Monkey Bar & Grill

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
txglock21
Posts in topic: 7

Gas Monkey Bar & Grill

Post by txglock21 »

Last week myself and a couple of fellow employees went to the Gas Monkey Bar & Grill in Dallas for lunch on the way back from a work training class at UTA. I was unarmed due to the fact was on work time (policy) and was at UTA earlier (campus). Anyway, there was/is a red 51% sign on the front door. After I ordered, I checked my "Spirits Texas" APP on my phone just wondering if it actually was a 51% location. According to the APP, it SHOULD be only a blue sign and the permit exp. date is 6/30/15. Let me add that this was my first time there. The address is 10261 E. Technology Blvd. Dallas, TX. 75220. My question is, do y'all think they have mistakenly put up the wrong sign or possibly have recently changed to 51% and my APP is not up to date? The food was actually very good and I plan to go back at some point on my own time, but prefer to carry whenever legally possible. I thought about talking to the manager, but didn't want to give them any ideas about a 30.06 sign. Thanks in advance.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gas Monkey Bar & Grill

Post by locke_n_load »

check TABCs website to see check their permit and see the required sign (blue or red). If it says blue and confirms Texas Spirits app, you can inform the DPS and inform the management at the bar/grill that the signage is incorrect. We have had some good luck in getting improper signs to come down.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

locke_n_load wrote:check TABCs website to see check their permit and see the required sign (blue or red). If it says blue and confirms Texas Spirits app, you can inform the DPS and inform the management at the bar/grill that the signage is incorrect. We have had some good luck in getting improper signs to come down.
Building on LnL's comments...

The TABC has an excellent track record of resolving this issue (it is, after all, a TABC sign that is of issue here). Simply contacting them, and letting them know a business has posted improperly has been demonstrated as the best first step (and usually the only step necessary).
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Glockster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Glockster »

Strange, but a lookup on that name and with/without that address didn't find any record at: http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Glockster wrote:Strange, but a lookup on that name and with/without that address didn't find any record at: http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I searched for 'Monkey', in Dallas, with that zip code, and found the results. Should be a blue sign.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

locke_n_load wrote:check TABCs website to see check their permit and see the required sign (blue or red). If it says blue and confirms Texas Spirits app, you can inform the DPS and inform the management at the bar/grill that the signage is incorrect. We have had some good luck in getting improper signs to come down.
Thanks locke_n_load. Sorry, I forgot to mention that the TABC matches the app information (Blue). The 51% sign looks brand new and their permit expires at the end of the month (6/30/15). That's why I was mostly questioning that maybe they already got their new (changed from blue to red sign) and it has not been changed in the database. Thanks again for your input. :thumbs2:

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

Search trade name "Monkey" with city and county = Dallas, plus zip.

Gun sign = Blue for both the Grill and "Gas Monkey Live".

Contact TABC and ask them to fix it.
License #: MB845040
Processing your request. Please wait...
Trade Name: GAS MONKEY GRILL
Owner: GMG OPERATING LLC
Location Address:
10261 E TECHNOLOGY BOULEVARD
DALLAS , TX 75220
Mailing Address:
10261 E TECHNOLOGY BLVD
DALLAS , TX 75220
County: Dallas Orig. Issue Date: 7/1/2013
Wine Percent:
Location Phone No.:

Subordinates: CB,LB,PE
Related To: Gun Sign: BLUE

License #: MB886940
Processing your request. Please wait...
Trade Name: GAS MONKEY LIVE
Owner: GMGB2 OPERATING LLC
Location Address:
10110 E TECHNOLOGY BOULEVARD SUITE 1
DALLAS , TX 75220
Mailing Address:
10261 E TECHNOLOGY BLVD
DALLAS , TX 75220
County: Dallas Orig. Issue Date: 10/13/2014
Wine Percent:
Location Phone No.: 214-350-5483

Subordinates: LB
Related To: Gun Sign: BLUE
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

Vol Texan wrote:
Glockster wrote:Strange, but a lookup on that name and with/without that address didn't find any record at: http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I searched for 'Monkey', in Dallas, with that zip code, and found the results. Should be a blue sign.
Odd. Also found it just on Monkey, but couldn't with all the info plugged in.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Thanks for all the quick responses. One question, do I need to send a picture to TABC with the "complaint"? Sorry, but I have never done this before.

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

txglock21 wrote:Last week myself and a couple of fellow employees went to the Gas Monkey Bar & Grill in Dallas for lunch on the way back from a work training class at UTA. I was unarmed due to the fact was on work time (policy) and was at UTA earlier (campus). Anyway, there was/is a red 51% sign on the front door. After I ordered, I checked my "Spirits Texas" APP on my phone just wondering if it actually was a 51% location. According to the APP, it SHOULD be only a blue sign and the permit exp. date is 6/30/15. Let me add that this was my first time there. The address is 10261 E. Technology Blvd. Dallas, TX. 75220. My question is, do y'all think they have mistakenly put up the wrong sign or possibly have recently changed to 51% and my APP is not up to date? The food was actually very good and I plan to go back at some point on my own time, but prefer to carry whenever legally possible. I thought about talking to the manager, but didn't want to give them any ideas about a 30.06 sign. Thanks in advance.
What is the Spirits Texas App?

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

lildave40 wrote:
txglock21 wrote:Last week myself and a couple of fellow employees went to the Gas Monkey Bar & Grill in Dallas for lunch on the way back from a work training class at UTA. I was unarmed due to the fact was on work time (policy) and was at UTA earlier (campus). Anyway, there was/is a red 51% sign on the front door. After I ordered, I checked my "Spirits Texas" APP on my phone just wondering if it actually was a 51% location. According to the APP, it SHOULD be only a blue sign and the permit exp. date is 6/30/15. Let me add that this was my first time there. The address is 10261 E. Technology Blvd. Dallas, TX. 75220. My question is, do y'all think they have mistakenly put up the wrong sign or possibly have recently changed to 51% and my APP is not up to date? The food was actually very good and I plan to go back at some point on my own time, but prefer to carry whenever legally possible. I thought about talking to the manager, but didn't want to give them any ideas about a 30.06 sign. Thanks in advance.
It is a free APP for your phone that I assume is connected to the TABC to do a quick check of any business that sells alcohol to see their alcohol permit and is really good for if they are 51%(red) or blue. :cheers2:

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

txglock21 wrote:
lildave40 wrote:
It is a free APP for your phone that I assume is connected to the TABC to do a quick check of any business that sells alcohol to see their alcohol permit and is really good for if they are 51%(red) or blue. :cheers2:

is that the full name of it? I searched for it and could not find it.

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

"Spirits Texas" by "Neubus Inc" in the android play store, not sure if it is available on iphone app store. Searching for either one of those terms pulls it up for me.
And when using the tabc website search, keep it simple. Usually just try the address without the establishment name, as the name out front of the store may not match the liquor license registered.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

I just got it for iPhone -- Spirits Texas is the full name there as well. Neat app!
NRA Life Member

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Complaint has been sent. Guess I will see what happens. Thanks for all the input. :thumbs2:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”