Pocket carry with no holster

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pocket carry with no holster

Post by VMI77 »

winters wrote:Is their any holsters that work without wearing a belt? The only time I wear a belt is at work. I refuse to wear one any other time. Seems like the whole belt thing is from my fathers generation.

I usually wear a belt but I find Blackhawk serpa holsters work just fine without one.

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Serpa-S ... hawk+serpa
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

jmra

Post by jmra »

winters wrote:Is their any holsters that work without wearing a belt? The only time I wear a belt is at work. I refuse to wear one any other time. Seems like the whole belt thing is from my fathers generation.
You must be a young whippersnapper.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

jmra wrote:
You must be a young whippersnapper.
:mrgreen:

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by winters »

that and my Dunlop tire doesn't like belts.lol

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Any paddle holster. I carry w/o a belt sometimes w/ a Comp-Tac paddle holster. Great piece of equipment

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

We can tell. So many whippersnappers today try to run with pants falling down around their ankles. :smilelol5:
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

ShootDontTalk wrote:
We can tell. So many whippersnappers today try to run with pants falling down around their ankles. :smilelol5:
im 35 my pants are always up on my hips and my underwear never shows. you are thinking of another group that like to advertise they are "available".i mostly wear shorts and properly fitting shorts dont need a belt. and the only people i ever see wearing a belt with shorts are over the age of atleast 50.

jmra

Post by jmra »

winters wrote:
ShootDontTalk wrote:
im 35 my pants are always up on my hips and my underwear never shows. you are thinking of another group that like to advertise they are "available".i mostly wear shorts and properly fitting shorts dont need a belt. and the only people i ever see wearing a belt with shorts are over the age of atleast 50.
Yep, a young whippersnapper. :biggrinjester:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Over 50 or not, the decision to never wear a belt is certainly yours to make, but in so doing you're eliminating by default most methods of carrying your gun on your waist. Your waistband may support a paddle holster for a short time, but eventually it IS going to pull your pants down......unless you get a belt.

By the way.... My 25 year old son carries on his waist with a belt, so belts aren't just reserved for your father's generation (of which I am a part). If you don't want to wear one, that's fine, but you asked, and that's the BEST answer. One thing that pretty much all of us have had to do was learn to make adjustments in how we do things when we started carrying. One of those adjustments was learning to dress around the gun, rather than the other way around.

Best of luck.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Belts are for geezers?

Who knew?

What other fashion faux pas do geezers commit?

Perhaps, wearing a belt with suspenders?

Black socks with sandals?

White socks with a dark suit?

I'll stop now, I feel faint...

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Over 50 or not, the decision to never wear a belt is certainly yours to make, but in so doing you're eliminating by default most methods of carrying your gun on your waist. Your waistband may support a paddle holster for a short time, but eventually it IS going to pull your pants down......unless you get a belt.

By the way.... My 25 year old son carries on his waist with a belt, so belts aren't just reserved for your father's generation (of which I am a part). If you don't want to wear one, that's fine, but you asked, and that's the BEST answer. One thing that pretty much all of us have had to do was learn to make adjustments in how we do things when we started carrying. One of those adjustments was learning to dress around the gun, rather than the other way around.

Best of luck.
I've carried a Glock 21 in a Blackhawk serpa holster all day, working around my property, no belt, without a problem. Granted, the pants were fairly snug, and there was some slight sagging, but not enough to be a problem.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

Robert*PPS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Robert*PPS »

1) As others have said, absolutely carry with a pocket holster.
2) For the side convo: I have a kydex holster with an elastic band that lets you waist carry with shorts, workout pants, PJs, whatever, with no belt. It's called a TactiPac Fusion.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

VMI77 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Best of luck.
I've carried a Glock 21 in a Blackhawk serpa holster all day, working around my property, no belt, without a problem. Granted, the pants were fairly snug, and there was some slight sagging, but not enough to be a problem.
Perhaps I should have amended my comments about belts to exclude anyone with a GQ figure (and pretty looks :mrgreen: ). I've lost 54.6 lbs since March 8th as of this morning, but it is going to be a loooong time before "no belts" works for me. I suspect though that for most of us who don't have property to work around and spend most of our time at a desk, a belt is de rigueur for avoiding gun-related wardrobe malfunctions.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Best of luck.
Perhaps I should have amended my comments about belts to exclude anyone with a GQ figure (and pretty looks :mrgreen: ). I've lost 54.6 lbs since March 8th as of this morning, but it is going to be a loooong time before "no belts" works for me. I suspect though that for most of us who don't have property to work around and spend most of our time at a desk, a belt is de rigueur for avoiding gun-related wardrobe malfunctions.
My wife says I look scary.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Perhaps I should have amended my comments about belts to exclude anyone with a GQ figure (and pretty looks :mrgreen: ). I've lost 54.6 lbs since March 8th as of this morning, but it is going to be a loooong time before "no belts" works for me. I suspect though that for most of us who don't have property to work around and spend most of our time at a desk, a belt is de rigueur for avoiding gun-related wardrobe malfunctions.
Congrats on the weight loss TAM, that a lot in that amount of time!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”