Carrying at House of Blues in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mulfjohn
Posts in topic: 3

Carrying at House of Blues in Dallas

Post by mulfjohn »

Does anyone know if you can carry at House of Blues in Dallas. I have looked everywhere online and can't find the answer. Don't want to leave it at home or in the car where a valet can get it. Input is greatly appreciated. :txflag:

mr1337
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Carrying at House of Blues in Dallas

Post by mr1337 »

Bookmark this page:

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/PublicInquiry/Status.aspx

Whenever you are planning to go somewhere you think might have a 51% sign, put the address and/or name of the place in there.

That will tell you if guns are prohibited based upon the amount of alcohol sales for on-premise consumption. If it says Gun Sign: RED, don't carry. If it says Gun Sign: BLUE, carry away.

House of Blues in Dallas shows a BLUE sign, so it's okay to carry. Unless they have a 30.06 sign up and/or metal detectors, you're good to go.

Which brings up another website to check:

http://www.texas3006.com/

This one can be hit or miss, because the submissions are made by CHL holders so it's not a comprehensive database, but it will give you a heads up on a lot of places.

According to texas3006.com, the House of Blues in Houston occasionally has guards with metal detectors. If that's the case in Dallas, they may ask you to store your gun in your car before you can enter the building.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

There was a thread back a while
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69456&p=866513&hili ... es#p866513
that talked about them wanding at the House of Blues

I haven't been there so I have no current knowledge but I thought I remembered the discussion.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

rocinante

Post by rocinante »

I was there for a show a couple of weeks ago. They do wand and search bags if you come in the main line. As with many such venues, they don't try very hard on either. (Wand beeped. Security:"Is that your cellphone?" Me: "uhm, yes" (truthfully). Security: "Okay, go on in".)

Their "restricted item" list is ridiculous, but they only seem to enforce it for shows likely to have problems. It has been my experience in the past that if you eat in the restaurant prior to the show, you can skip their security entirely.

Topic author
mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Thanks for all the responses. :tiphat:

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SA_Steve »

Profiling ? Great, I'll pass through easy.
You may have the last word.

rocinante

Post by rocinante »

I don't know if it's a matter of profiling people or profiling shows. The show I recently attended attracted a pretty laid back, middle-aged crowd. I suspect their security people would be a lot more uptight for more hardcore shows.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

rocinante wrote:I don't know if it's a matter of profiling people or profiling shows. The show I recently attended attracted a pretty laid back, middle-aged crowd. I suspect their security people would be a lot more uptight for more hardcore shows.
Like the Rolling Stones? :lol:

Topic author
mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Well, I went and got wanded. Laid back show and older crowd. The info had me prepared so I left the weapon secured in the car. Avoiding a problem of everyone known I was carrying. Hope this helps others going there in the future

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I've been to several shows at House of Blues Houston. Most weren't tight security. But a couple were - Shinedown a few years ago, and Jack Johnson in March. For the less restrictive shows, you just show your ticket and walk in. For the tighter security; they set up barricades, post 30.06 signs, and wand. Since the concert part of the building is on the 3rd floor, and parking downtown generally means a few blocks from where you are; it makes for a lot of walking when you don't realize that the show is a tighter security one.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

MaChevy

Post by MaChevy »

Went tonight for a concert and there are an *abundance* of 30.06 posted all over, including all entries. There is one posted on the fence next to the ticket counter that meets legal requirements. Other are smaller versions of that one and probably fall in a gray area...but I wouldn't risk it.

Seriously though, they are posted in hallways and in the strangest places. Someone went ham on a color copy machine, no doubt... Probably someone who doesn't even know what it is. They look like placeholders for more conforming signs coming soon.

FYI. :txflag:
NRA Patron and Golden Eagles
TSRA Lifetime
GSSF Lifetime

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I've never been to the HoB and don't plan on going, but find it interesting that they are aware of 30.06 and choose to post sometimes, while not at others, but still wand. I wonder if this means that they would allow a CHL to carry during those times. Why bother wanding if they aren't going to post a 30.06? I find this difference curious.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

C-dub wrote:I've never been to the HoB and don't plan on going, but find it interesting that they are aware of 30.06 and choose to post sometimes, while not at others, but still wand. I wonder if this means that they would allow a CHL to carry during those times. Why bother wanding if they aren't going to post a 30.06? I find this difference curious.
The 30.06 sign only affects those who carry legally. Those who don't (and I suspect that there are quite a few) are already breaking the law so what is walking past one more sign? In most of the wanding situations that I've seen, they are looking for knives, too.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

chasfm11 wrote:
C-dub wrote:I've never been to the HoB and don't plan on going, but find it interesting that they are aware of 30.06 and choose to post sometimes, while not at others, but still wand. I wonder if this means that they would allow a CHL to carry during those times. Why bother wanding if they aren't going to post a 30.06? I find this difference curious.
The 30.06 sign only affects those who carry legally. Those who don't (and I suspect that there are quite a few) are already breaking the law so what is walking past one more sign? In most of the wanding situations that I've seen, they are looking for knives, too.
Right, but why only put up the signs for certain events? Does that mean that for the events they do not put the 30.06 signs up that they will allow me to carry since I have a CHL? Doubtful, but curious.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

My wife and girls have been to a couple of concerts there. Maybe it's the shows but no 30.06 signs, wanding in place but nothing said as she walked on in carrying.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”