Taking the CHL class again for fun

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Taking the CHL class again for fun

Post by SA_Steve »

My class was painful, all day to present an hour and a half worth of content and the shooting test.
You may have the last word.

Topic author
laketex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by laketex »

Wow! Lotsa replies. I actually live 90 minutes from the gf, so I'd just be hanging out at her house if I didn't go to the class. Just thought it would be cool to support her. I'll probably discuss with the instructor. I'll be taking it at shoot smart near arlington in the morning. I've actually taken the chl course twice. The first time, I decided I wasn't mature enough or ready to carry a firearm so I never sent my paperwork in. Practiced a lot, went to training, learned some humility, and went back a couple years later. Been licensed and carrying daily for about 6 years. I'm looking forward to the class. I find it interesting.

Topic author
laketex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by laketex »

Well, it was interesting but not super fun. At least it will give us some time to talk circumstances, scenarios, etc. also impressed to me that I prob should pony up for [Pre-paid legal service]. Shoot smart has pretty stringent safety rules. I haven't shot on an indoor range in years so I had forgotten the crazy rules some of these places have. Like 2 seconds between shots, no drawing from holster, and 2 handed gun grip. I've never shot weak side with a two handed grip since the only reason I would do so is if my dominant hand was injured. I didn't even take Elsie, so I just shot it normally and scored a 244 with my G26. Still fun, and it opens up some convo. Btw, my gf shot a 235 with my G19 and I'm really proud of her! I think I'm going to become more active on these forums and get her to sign up too. Fun times in the shooting world.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”