CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Phantom Texas 30.06 notifications

Post by C-dub »

Good evening everyone.

I received three notifications today of 30.06 signs. However, I can't find either of them on the website. Has anyone else had trouble like this? I frequent this Target from time to time and would be disappointed if this is true.

CVS in Carrollton
Target in Lewisville
Olive Garden in Lewisville
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Phantom Texas 30.06 notifications

Post by Keith B »

I believe they were not accurate. The person who submitted them said they were 30.06 signs, but they are actually Unlicensed possession signs required by the TABC. After they were approved, they were removed.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmra »

That's good to hear. We go to all of those places here locally and haven't seen 30.06 on any of them.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

I received one for Twisted Root in Plano, but could not find it in the search either.

stash

Post by stash »

How does one go about receiving these notifications?
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

stash wrote:How does one go about receiving these notifications?
When you are logged into the texas3006 website there is a thing called "My Panel" in the upper right corner just under your username. In there, you can select cities that if there are new entries you will be notified via e-mail.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

stash

Post by stash »

Got it. Thanks C-dub.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Russell wrote:Those were my fault, I was not paying close enough attention before approving them. Sorry :banghead:
Cool. Thanks!

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Russell wrote:Those were my fault, I was not paying close enough attention before approving them. Sorry :banghead:
HOW DARE YOU!!! For what I pay to be on your site, you should have ZERO mistakes!

Oh, wait... I don't pay anything.... Nevermind. :thumbs2:
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AJSully421 wrote:
HOW DARE YOU!!! For what I pay to be on your site, you should have ZERO mistakes!

What he said. ^^
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

4copas

Post by 4copas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:

What he said. ^^
10/4, Thank You for providing this site and the time you give to it. :txflag:
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

cyphertext wrote:I received one for Twisted Root in Plano, but could not find it in the search either.
The Twisted Root in Plano (Shops @ Legacy) does have a 51% sign at the front door. I have no idea if it's legit, though. I've been told that if you want beer there, you have to order it at the bar (not the regular cashier) and also drink it at the bar. That might indicate that the bar is a separate "premises" than the rest of the restaurant, so the 51% would only apply to the bar area. Maybe...? I don't really know...

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

Question is, regardless of "in-store rules" about the beer, what are the premises as defined by the license, and do they really earn 51% or more from the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption. If the liquor license is for the entire store, and they sell enough to hit the 51% mark, then where the alcohol is consumed in the store is irrelevant.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

JSThane wrote:Question is, regardless of "in-store rules" about the beer, what are the premises as defined by the license, and do they really earn 51% or more from the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption. If the liquor license is for the entire store, and they sell enough to hit the 51% mark, then where the alcohol is consumed in the store is irrelevant.
Yeah, it might just mean that some of their waitstaff cannot legally serve alcohol, so they limit it to ordering from the bar. No big deal. Some places, the take out orders are done from the bar only. I've done that, while carrying. No worries as long as they are not a legitimate 51% place.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”