Texas AG asked to clarify courthouse carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TresHuevos
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas AG asked to clarify courthouse carry

Post by TresHuevos »

v-rog wrote:I'm sure the Texas AG can advise on carrying while in jail...
Shots Fired!!! :fire
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

Has he been convicted?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

No, he's been indicted.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

bulinm wrote:I don't think they'll let you in with a pocket knife.
True, weapons/knives and pistols are listed and/or pictured on most courthouse doors.

The deputy next to the metal detector wasn't real pleased about my EMPTY IWB HOLSTER's metal clip setting off HIS metal detector either, informing me I should have left it in the car too. "That's why we put the sign on the door to leave all that stuff outside" I replied it had photos of knives and pistols, but no picture of invisible IWB holsters, I thought they were legal, ...so now I undress in the car prior to entering to go to the COUNTY TAX ASSESSOR COLLECTOR office to get License Plates or go to the STATE OF TEXAS D.P.S. office for renewing licenses in the BURNET COUNTY COURTHOUSE ANNEX building etc.

I believe some State/County offices may be relocating to move OUT of that Courthouse ANNEX building soon, I hope.

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

I do not see any mention of waiting areas, within the buildings, by the DA. Are these some magical buildings with no halls and no waiting areas?When you enter the door to the building are you instantlyy in someone's office or court? Is the DA over-reaching by ommission?
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I wonder if any reply would be made public. The City of Bedford has what appears to be a similar situation.

There are two buildings at the city complex where utility bills can be paid. The smaller building, "B" was a police department building more than 5 years ago but all of the police functions are now located at the L Don Dodson complex, miles away. "A" in the city complex does house courts. On a wooden sign between the two physically separated buildings, there ls map of what is located in each building. There is no mention of court functions or offices in the B building.

On the front door to B, however, there is a sign prohibiting CHL carry, stating that it is a police department. I'm wondering if that sign isn't a candidate for a picture and a formal filing on Sept. 1st. At least, the building maps should be updated to show court affiliated functions in B.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

chasfm11 wrote:I wonder if any reply would be made public...
The AG's website has opinions posted: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/op ... o-opinions

I assume this one will be added when he has finished it.
USAF 1982-2005

bigity

Post by bigity »

It would be, I think.

Police department buildings/areas aren't off limits, only the secured areas of those facilities.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I've been thinking about this comment since it was made and I am not necessarily directing this toward the quoted poster. I want to encourage all to keep in mind that being indicted does not indicate guilt. I also want to make sure everyone is well aware there is substantial dissension among the "republicans". The establishment old guard GOP is doing everything they can to discredit and hold back the more liberty minded folks that are starting to gain some traction. This may or may not be the root of this. Paxton may or may not be guilty of wrongdoing. If he is, I hope he is convicted and punished accordingly. If he isn't, I would hope we don't convict him unjustly in the social media universe and feed on the dissension that exists in the party.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

mojo84 wrote:
I've been thinking about this comment since it was made and I am not necessarily directing this toward the quoted poster. I want to encourage all to keep in mind that being indicted does not indicate guilt. I also want to make sure everyone is well aware there is substantial dissension among the "republicans". The establishment old guard GOP is doing everything they can to discredit and hold back the more liberty minded folks that are starting to gain some traction. This may or may not be the root of this. Paxton may or may not be guilty of wrongdoing. If he is, I hope he is convicted and punished accordingly. If he isn't, I would hope we don't convict him unjustly in the social media universe and feed on the dissension that exists in the party.
That all sounds reasonable to me. However, how do we know it's not "the opposition" that's behind this indictment? After the whole Travis County prosecutor thing (she who shall remain unnamed), and the indictment of Governor Perry, how do we know this isn't just more of the same?

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

KM, I wish it was what you suggest. Unfortunately, I believe it is more personal vendetta and infighting among the republicans. Byron Cook is involved and there will be more info forthcoming this week or early next. Watch the media.

In the interim, here's a bit of info until more is released.

http://www.empowertexans.com/features/s ... dictments/

http://www.empowertexans.com/features/p ... ce-system/

The republicans are like the two safari hunters standing there arguing over who is going to shoot the charging rhino. The rhino wins.

I'm looking forward to seeing his opinion on this issue.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

So, it sounds like the goal is to force Paxton to resign. If that happens, it's like the election never mattered at all. Oh, and reading the pages that were posted, I knew that Travis County DA's office was involved somehow. :mad5

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's all about power, control and money with Straus. He's put together quite the brood of cronies that are enriching themselves greatly at our expense.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I voted for Paxton in the primary at the recommendation of some local Tea Party groups. There do seem to seem to be some "Establishment" Republican types out there that will push very hard to discredit conservatives. I'm following this case and already starting to see some weakness in the charges. Now it's not as blatantly political as the indictment of Gov. Perry, but Texas criminal law has been "weaponized" by Democrats and Republicans in the past, and this case is starting to stink. It seems there are DA's out there that will get their enemies indicted for tying their shoelaces the wrong way. This isn't unique to Texas, but in my 25 years living here and following law & politics I've come to believe that it's worse than average.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”