realtor carrying

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevo
Posts in topic: 1

realtor carrying

Post by stevo »

I am a REALTOR® in the Austin area. I do have my CHL and wonder if you've ever "caught" your agent carrying while showing homes? I feel that the safety of myself and my clients are #1, so I carry almost every time I'm showing. :mrgreen:

Also, if anyone is looking for a fellow CHL carrying agent to work with. For assistance, please feel free to contact me. :txflag:
Glock 23
Glock 27
CHL class taken: 09/12/2009
CHL packet mailed to DPS: 09/14/2009

Jumping Frog

Re: realtor carrying

Post by Jumping Frog »

I would find it puzzling and a demonstration of poor judgment if a realtor didn't arm him or herself.

Especially a female realtor getting a phone call from a stranger to show the stranger into a vacant home . . .
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

stevo wrote:I am a REALTOR® in the Austin area. I do have my CHL and wonder if you've ever "caught" your agent carrying while showing homes? I feel that the safety of myself and my clients are #1, so I carry almost every time I'm showing. :mrgreen:

Also, if anyone is looking for a fellow CHL carrying agent to work with. For assistance, please feel free to contact me. :txflag:
Might have to look you up in 2 years when I'm ready to start looking at homes.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

dcphoto

Post by dcphoto »

I met my agent on this forum, so I already knew he carried. However, I still would've noticed the clips of his Crossbreed holster. In fact, I've been "caught" that way by other CHLs. Karma...

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

My real estate broker and I caught each other carrying.

Given what real estate brokers do, how they work, often meeting people they do not know at all, I'd be surprised that any would not carry here in Texas where it is relatively simple and inexpensive.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

I would carry but I personally would be surprised if I ever "caught" a realtor carrying. It just seems that unless that is part of your business model you would want to make sure it was always unseen. Same as politics or religion wouldn't ever be part of your everyday conversation. Seems unprofessional to me.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

EEllis wrote:I would carry but I personally would be surprised if I ever "caught" a realtor carrying. It just seems that unless that is part of your business model you would want to make sure it was always unseen. Same as politics or religion wouldn't ever be part of your everyday conversation. Seems unprofessional to me.
Like the noted American philosopher Yogi Berra is said to have said, "You can observe a lot, just by watching."
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”