Sign at DFW airport

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Sign at DFW airport

Post by chasfm11 »

Right2Carry wrote:
TxRVer wrote:Sorry I didn't explain my thoughts. Today when you see that sign you ignore it, and others ignore you because they can't see the gun. Next year, you ignore the sign, others see the gun if you OC. They saw the sign or employees see the gun and know the sign is there. People that don't carry typically don't know the law. Everyone gets excited because they see a gun where guns are "not allowed".

Of course I could be wrong, but until people are either educated or get used to seeing firearms, there will be "man with gun" reports.
As long as a person is legal they shouldn't fear MWG reports.
To be honest, MWG scare the daylights out of me.

1. You have no idea what the caller said to the dispatcher. If the caller reports that the gun was not in a holster, even it was, the officers responding are going to have a different mindset

2. The training of the officers is important. DFW has its own police force and, unlike any of the surrounding towns, those responsible for hiring the officers in it have no population to which they are accountable. They may be doing a stellar job of hiring and training but I would be happier if I better understood the oversight of those processes. I've talked to local officers who believe that it is illegal for CHLs to carry in church and that change was made a long time ago. My concern is that the people who put the sign up at DFW are the same people (ultimately) with the responsibility for the LE groups that have to administer it.

3. There was a local situation in our town where black powder guns were in holsters at a local restaurant. Even when the police arrived and explained to the MWG reporters that everything was legal, a couple of the women were still in hysterics over the sight of the guns. Social media over the last several months suggests a small minority of people who classify guns with spiders and snakes - there is no such thing as a good one even on an LEO. Some of them are well connected politically and it is not outside that realm of possibilities that an officer takes action to appease them. The report of a CHL being arrested at a hospital that only had a "no guns" sign is enough for me to believe that it could happen again.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Do you have a link to the story of the CHL being arrested for walking by a "No Guns" sign?

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Taypo wrote:Do you have a link to the story of the CHL being arrested for walking by a "No Guns" sign?
This was not the one that I remembered but is an other example.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12754&hilit=hospita ... t&start=15

My first search turned up 6,000 hits. If I can find the other (and I think more recent story), I'll post it, too.

Edited to add this one
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58991&hilit=hospital+arrest
Dum Spiro, Spero

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

chasfm11 wrote:
Taypo wrote:Do you have a link to the story of the CHL being arrested for walking by a "No Guns" sign?
This was not the one that I remembered but is an other example.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12754&hilit=hospita ... t&start=15

My first search turned up 6,000 hits. If I can find the other (and I think more recent story), I'll post it, too.

Edited to add this one
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58991&hilit=hospital+arrest
Thank you.

Eric Lamberson
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Eric Lamberson »

Signs, signs, everywhere's a sign; Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind; Do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs? Carry properly concealed and you don't need to worry about non-compliant signs.
Massad Ayoob Group Staff Instructor, NRA Life Member, Pistol instructor, and RSO;
Texas LTC Instructor, IDPA 6-gun Master, Suarez International Affiliate

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

Eric Lamberson wrote:Signs, signs, everywhere's a sign; Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind; Do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs? Carry properly concealed and you don't need to worry about non-compliant signs.
Careful Eric, you may be showing your age.....or I am! :lol: :cool:

I loved the 5 Man Electrical Band. I was a DJ out in Abilene spinning that record at 4am every day.

But back on topic... :yawn ... I agree. Concealed is concealed.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74571&start=75

This was the other sign thread that I was remembering. It appears that the exact details of this one may never be made public.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”