New Gun Laws

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stash
Posts in topic: 3

New Gun Laws

Post by stash »

Am I right in thinking that all the new gun laws go into effect Tuesday with the exception of CC and OC?
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

bkj
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Gun Laws

Post by bkj »

"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

Topic author
stash

Post by stash »

It seems I remember a Bill introduced and passed changing the inadvertent passing of a 30.06 sign from a Class A misdemeanor to a Class C. Does anyone remember this, and if so, was it passed and sent to the Governor? Thanks.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

That one is in conjunction with OC on Jan. 1.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

K5GU
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K5GU »

stash wrote:It seems I remember a Bill introduced and passed changing the inadvertent passing of a 30.06 sign from a Class A misdemeanor to a Class C. Does anyone remember this, and if so, was it passed and sent to the Governor? Thanks.
You may be thinking of Section 42 in HB 910 (eff.date Jan 1, 2016) and yes it was signed by the Gov.
http://analogthinker.com/HB910WF.aspx#S42
Life is good.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Remember if you refuse to leave it will be a Class A.

Topic author
stash

Post by stash »

Thanks guys. I did not remember it was a part of HB910.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

TresHuevos

Post by TresHuevos »

So, am I correct to understand that if I'm open carrying and drive through a college campus that makes me illegal? :confused5
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TresHuevos wrote:
So, am I correct to understand that if I'm open carrying and drive through a college campus that makes me illegal? :confused5
Open-carry will be unlawful on college campuses.

Chas.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

TresHuevos wrote:
Thinking about it, I don't think that TCU, for example, can claim to own University Drive, which bisects the TCU campus - it is, after all, a street owned and maintained by the City of Fort Worth. Therefore, I don't THINK that you'd be in violation of the open-carry law if you got out of your car, open-carrying, on the street between the two sides of the campus.

Now, on a street or road that was within the school's property (I won't say "jurisdiction" because TCU Police have joint juridiction on University Drive with the Fort Worth PD), and the school maintains the road (showing that it's their property), you probably would run afoul of the law if you dismounted your vehicle there.

I don't imagine this will crop up too much, then again, I've been wrong before.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

TresHuevos wrote:
Thinking about it, I don't think that TCU, for example, can claim to own University Drive, which bisects the TCU campus - it is, after all, a street owned and maintained by the City of Fort Worth. Therefore, I don't THINK that you'd be in violation of the open-carry law if you got out of your car, open-carrying, on the street between the two sides of the campus.

Now, on a street or road that was within the school's property (I won't say "jurisdiction" because TCU Police have joint juridiction on University Drive with the Fort Worth PD), and the school maintains the road (showing that it's their property), you probably would run afoul of the law if you dismounted your vehicle there.

I don't imagine this will crop up too much, then again, I've been wrong before.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

FYI. I put up a new web page as a quick and convenient reference for the six new Texas CHL/LTC related laws that became effective today (09-01-2015). http://analogthinker.com/GunLawsSept2015.aspx
Life is good.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”