Open Carry Texas Tweet re: 30.06 penalties

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ralewis
Posts in topic: 4

Open Carry Texas Tweet re: 30.06 penalties

Post by ralewis »

Somebody posted a comment last night on their Facebook page mentioning that HB910 doesn't go into effect 1 Jan.

The Wall
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Open Carry Texas Tweet re: 30.06 penalties

Post by The Wall »

Actually it's a class C and a class A misdemeanor. Depends on how you handle being asked to leave.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

ralewis wrote:Somebody posted a comment last night on their Facebook page mentioning that HB910 doesn't go into effect 1 Jan.

That is correct. Open Carry starting Jan. 1, 2016 as per HB 910.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
ralewis

Post by ralewis »

The Wall wrote:Actually it's a class C and a class A misdemeanor. Depends on how you handle being asked to leave.
The point of my original post was the OCT Tweet was incorrect and that with only a few exceptions the entirety of HB910 (including the penalty change) doesn't go into effect until 1 January. I think it's an unfortunate misunderstanding of the effective date of 30.06 amendment in HB910.

This was also posted on the OCT Facebook page, but there was 1 comment last time I looked that corrected the misinterpretation.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

The Wall,

Please elaborate.

Thanks!

casp625

Post by casp625 »

ralewis wrote:
The Wall wrote:Actually it's a class C and a class A misdemeanor. Depends on how you handle being asked to leave.
The point of my original post was the OCT Tweet was incorrect and that with only a few exceptions the entirety of HB910 (including the penalty change) doesn't go into effect until 1 January. I think it's an unfortunate misunderstanding of the effective date of 30.06 amendment in HB910.

This was also posted on the OCT Facebook page, but there was 1 comment last time I looked that corrected the misinterpretation.
Almost all of HB910 is effective January 1st, 2016. There are only two sections that effective September 1st, 2015, and 30.06/30.07 is not one of them.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

ralewis wrote:Somebody posted a comment last night on their Facebook page mentioning that HB910 doesn't go into effect 1 Jan.

I am the poster of the correction to their facebook post. Their original Facebook post has since been deleted, along with all comments/replies, without correction or retraction. I would also like to point out I am banned from viewing their twitter posts for making similar corrections to their erroneous claims on twitter.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
ralewis

Post by ralewis »

G.A. Heath wrote:

I am the poster of the correction to their facebook post. Their original Facebook post has since been deleted, along with all comments/replies, without correction or retraction. I would also like to point out I am banned from viewing their twitter posts for making similar corrections to their erroneous claims on twitter.
:tiphat:

casp625

Post by casp625 »

They haven't deleted the message from Twitter; it's still showing as active.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Just a quick update it looks like they have deleted the tweet. What I find truly funny, and very concerning, is they do not post or tweet a correction so that anyone who got the incorrect information can know better. It's almost like they want someone to get arrested.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
ralewis

Post by ralewis »

G.A. Heath wrote:Just a quick update it looks like they have deleted the tweet. What I find truly funny, and very concerning, is they do not post or tweet a correction so that anyone who got the incorrect information can know better. It's almost like they want someone to get arrested.
Before the Facebook post & comments were deleted, there were a few irresponsible comments advocating totally blowing off the 30.06 signs because of the penalty reduction. I watched much of the hearings on HB910, specifically the introduction of the HB910 amendment with the 30.06 penalty reduction where it was cited that it was justified because of 20 years of responsibility by CHL holders. Its unfortunate that there is even a small percentage of CHL holders who fall below the standard of responsibility that was cited.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Is twitter another leftist bastion?

If so, why bother going there?

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Abraham wrote:Is twitter another leftist bastion?

If so, why bother going there?
It's kind of like watching a train wreck in progress. Pages like OCT and some of the others are so hilariously bad that it's hard to look away once you know what's going on.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

G.A. Heath wrote:

Maybe they just can't handle the truth...
:leaving
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

https://twitter.com/OpenCarryTexas/stat ... 9374551040
Fixed the link for you....

And either OCT or Twitter has deleted the post.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”