Dallas Zoo is an Amusement Park - Who Knew?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas Zoo is an Amusement Park - Who Knew?

Post by puma guy »

G.A. Heath wrote:If they are going to claim that they are an amusement park then I hope they are insured as one, have all their OSHA stuff up to date as one, meet any specific requirements for an amusement park under the ADA, and are in compliance with all their "rides". I also hope they are in compliance with industry standards and best practices as well as having notified visitors that they are such just in case someone was injured and filed a claim/lawsuit against them as a zoo but did not realize they were also an amusement park (which I understand tends to have more insurance claims and lawsuits than zoos). I also hope they are in communication with amusement park industry groups so that they remain aware of the latest industry activities.

Also keep in mind if their claim to be an amusement park holds up then I suspect that an effort to strip Amusement Parks, and perhaps other locations, from TPC 46.035 might gain more momentum than if they simply complied with the wishes of the legislature.
It appears the monkeys are running the zoo...Er!..Uh!... I mean amusement park.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Dallas Zoo is an Amusement Park - Who Knew?

Post by ScottDLS »

I think the best way forward is to file a complaint re: the signs with the Texas AG. Then in trying to avoid the fine I'm guessing the city attorney will have to make the case that they are an amusement park as defined by 46.035, eventually to a judge. I'm not convinced that it's a slam dunk they will get the status, but until then I won't carry in the zoo.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”