Anyone Going to FW Alliance Air Show?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rrash
Posts in topic: 3

Anyone Going to FW Alliance Air Show?

Post by Rrash »

Just curious if it was posted and if anyone has gotten pictures of the sign.

The only thing I think FW could try to argue is PC §46.03:
PC §46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(5) in or into a secured area of an airport.

(c) In this section:
(2) “Secured area” means an area of an airport terminal building to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property under federal law.
If you were to have some sort of federal persons standing at the entrance searching bags, maybe FW could try and argue that the area was a "secured area." However: the airshow is certainly not in a terminal building of an airport. Of course when they try to argue that the FW Museum of Science and History and the FW Zoo are both educational facilities, I wouldn't put anything past them. Maybe the airshow is a polling place?

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone Going to FW Alliance Air Show?

Post by Taypo »

Not sure if its posted (too crowded for my tastes) but the website very specifically mentions gun are prohibited, even for CHL holders.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Daggum. We had talked about going, and it completely got by me that this was the weekend. I'm committed to church services all day tomorrow, so Sunday's out. Looks like I'll miss it again this year.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

dcphoto

Post by dcphoto »

From 49 CFR 1540.5
Secured area means a portion of an airport, specified in the airport security program, in which certain security measures specified in part 1542 of this chapter are carried out. This area is where aircraft operators and foreign air carriers that have a security program under part 1544 or 1546 of this chapter enplane and deplane passengers and sort and load baggage and any adjacent areas that are not separated by adequate security measures.
Although this is from the Federal Register, and not Texas law, it fits perfectly because this is what (I think) they intended when they wrote the law.

1542 defines what measures must be taken. 1544 and 1546 define who has to take those measures.

Topic author
Rrash

Post by Rrash »

dcphoto wrote:From 49 CFR 1540.5
Secured area means a portion of an airport, specified in the airport security program, in which certain security measures specified in part 1542 of this chapter are carried out. This area is where aircraft operators and foreign air carriers that have a security program under part 1544 or 1546 of this chapter enplane and deplane passengers and sort and load baggage and any adjacent areas that are not separated by adequate security measures.
Although this is from the Federal Register, and not Texas law, it fits perfectly because this is what (I think) they intended when they wrote the law.

1542 defines what measures must be taken. 1544 and 1546 define who has to take those measures.
I am sure they have higher security where the pilots and participants in the air show are stationed. The general public is not in an area where there are enplaning/deplaning passengers, nor is there a baggage area.

Topic author
Rrash

Post by Rrash »

Taypo wrote:Not sure if its posted (too crowded for my tastes) but the website very specifically mentions gun are prohibited, even for CHL holders.
Posting on a website means absolutely nothing. Even if it did:
Owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by privately-held Alliance Air Services, Fort Worth Alliance Airport provides state-of-the-art infrastructure and an award-winning FAA Air Traffic Control Tower.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

City owned
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

I went today and didn't see any 30.06 signs. No metal detectors either.

They were checking all bags so I wouldn't try carrying in a purse. :biggrinjester:

BTW, if you're a reader of this board, a big thank you to the guy in front of me that gave me an unused parking ticket. Saved me $30... :woohoo
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Great show today.
Absolutely perfect weather.

Not posted.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

I played Golf Saturday Afternoon at Champions Circle and got to watch the Blue Angels for free while I golfed :hurry:

To stay on topic yes, I was carrying while golfing :thumbs2:

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”