51% signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 5

Re: 51% signs

Post by JALLEN »

Thanks. I have no idea what I will find, as I've never been there.

When I was in college, I often played at parties at Pearl and Lone Star breweries, but there was no sales. The beer was free, promotional to groups in the area. The laws were considerably different 50 years ago as well.

Dare I call and ask?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Last night I filled in with a band at the Octoberfest at Alamo Brewery in San Antonio.

First of all, the beer I had was indeed excellent :thumbs2: I didn't sample all the varieties offered, but the one I did try was splendid.

A capacity crowd showed up, very enthusiastic. Tonight portends even bigger and better.

There is a red 51% sign in the beer hall.

Eat before you come. There are hot dogs, brats, sauerkraut, red cabbage and pork plate for sale from caterers, but, well, eat before you come. :???:
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Taypo »

JALLEN wrote:Last night I filled in with a band at the Octoberfest at Alamo Brewery in San Antonio.

First of all, the beer I had was indeed excellent :thumbs2: I didn't sample all the varieties offered, but the one I did try was splendid.

A capacity crowd showed up, very enthusiastic. Tonight portends even bigger and better.

There is a red 51% sign in the beer hall.

Eat before you come. There are hot dogs, brats, sauerkraut, red cabbage and pork plate for sale from caterers, but, well, eat before you come. :???:

If they've got any of their Oktoberfest left, you should grab one. One of the better examples of the style made in Texas.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Taypo wrote:

If they've got any of their Oktoberfest left, you should grab one. One of the better examples of the style made in Texas.
I'll take you up on that. I'm the old fat man on supplemental oxygen playing tuba. :cheers2:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”