If a stranger were to ask 'What's your religion?"

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: If a stranger were to ask 'What's your religion?"

Post by LSUTiger »

Matthew 10

28"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And [yet] not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31"So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

32"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

Do you think if your plan calls for diversion, distraction, misdirection, trickery and deceit to buy enough time to take necessary action to save yourself and/or the lives of others that the above really applies to that situation?
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

MONGOOSE
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MONGOOSE »

If I'm not armed , I want him as close to me as possible. If I am armed, I want a clear field of fire. Both of these stand unitl I can acess the situation.

karder

Post by karder »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I'd take it as a great opportunity to tell them about Christ. If they pulled a gun or other weapon, they'd get shot.

Chas.
:iagree: Exactly my thoughts.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

ron_houston

Post by ron_houston »

I actually do get asked this question quite often,
I live in a country that is 85% Catholic (Philippines) and being a "foreigner", it is a normal question to ask here.
I just happen to also be a Catholic so my answer was a casual "Catholic"
To avoid the numerous questions, I just started wearing my cross necklace outside my shirt. Questions stopped.

stash

Post by stash »

A Little bit of a different take on this. About 5 years ago I decided to join a very large credit union (in Texas). I called them up to determine if I met any of the qualifications for membership. Among the questions she asked me was which church I went to. I told her St. Mary's at which time she stated I qualified for membership. Thought the question was a little strange but I did become a member.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

chuck j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chuck j »

As an item of conversation I ask people what church they attend almost daily . I'm not witnessing , proselytizing or trying to get visitors for my church . It's simply a topic for conversation such as 'do you have children' , 'how hot is it supposed to be today', I enjoy hearing what other church's are doing .

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”