Post by mojo84 »

Countryside wrote:
goose wrote:
Countryside wrote:I...I can't believe this! :shock:
All of you...ALL of you are WRONG! :nono:

THIS is a "belt holster" ....

It's a belt....holster.

:thumbs2:
That is kind of awkwardly amazing. It seems like it is missing something, but all of the parts of a slide holster are there. I think this wins.
You're right! It IS missing something....security. This is (in my worthless opinion) a retention accident looking for a place to happen.
Then there are many "retention accident" (s) looking to happen out there. There are quite a few holsters designed with no additional retention feature other than friction.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

goose
Posts in topic: 10

Re: What is a belt holster

Post by goose »

All of this does beg the question, how long before we see the first holster marketed as "Texas Legal Belt Holster. You define it; we refine it. Only the finest grain leathers used."
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

I guess I'm in the minority who isn't gnashing his teeth or wringing his hands over this subject.

Just put yer holster on yer belt, yer hog leg into yer holster and swallow one big ole Prozac and ye'll A-OK!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 9

Post by WildBill »

goose wrote:All of this does beg the question, how long before we see the first holster marketed as "Texas Legal Belt Holster. You define it; we refine it. Only the finest grain leathers used."
Here it is! :mrgreen:

NRA Endowment Member

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Abraham wrote:I guess I'm in the minority who isn't gnashing his teeth or wringing his hands over this subject.

Just put yer holster on yer belt, yer hog leg into yer holster and swallow one big ole Prozac and ye'll A-OK!
Oh, the hogleg and holster jokes that are just begging to be told..

"rlol"

goose
Posts in topic: 10

Post by goose »

WildBill wrote:
goose wrote:All of this does beg the question, how long before we see the first holster marketed as "Texas Legal Belt Holster. You define it; we refine it. Only the finest grain leathers used."

Narrator (Ralphie as an adult): Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

Bill, you went straight to Chuck! (That is a nice rig.)
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

HHHmmmm, Liberace would have found that rig and gun "Fabulous"...

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

WildBill wrote:What if the law said you had to carry it in a shoulder purse?

Would that mean you had to carry the purse on your shoulder for it to be legal?
I know what you're going for there, but I'm thinking that if the gun is in a purse it is not being openly carried and doesn't matter whether it's actually in a holster or not.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

C-dub wrote:
WildBill wrote:What if the law said you had to carry it in a shoulder purse?

Would that mean you had to carry the purse on your shoulder for it to be legal?
I know what you're going for there, but I'm thinking that if the gun is in a purse it is not being openly carried and doesn't matter whether it's actually in a holster or not.
Just food for thought. :???:
NRA Endowment Member

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

goose wrote:
WildBill wrote:

Narrator (Ralphie as an adult): Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

I'm glad Chuck has other methods of defense at his disposal than the hammer down on empty chamber, 1911.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

oljames3
Posts in topic: 6

Post by oljames3 »

Topbuilder wrote:
goose wrote:
WildBill wrote:

I'm glad Chuck has other methods of defense at his disposal than the hammer down on empty chamber, 1911.
You tell him he's wrong. I'm not going to. :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

oljames3 wrote:
Topbuilder wrote:
goose wrote:
WildBill wrote:
You tell him he's wrong. I'm not going to. :biggrinjester:
Actually I read that it is a Beretta 92, not a 1911.
If you want to know for sure you could call or send an email asking him if that is really a pimped out Beretta 92 that he carried on Walker Texas Ranger. "rlol"
Last edited by WildBill on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Countryside »

Chuck doesn't even have to aim or shoot. He just yells "bang" and they fall.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXBO »

Countryside wrote:Chuck doesn't even have to aim or shoot. He just yells "bang" and they fall.
LOL!

abom2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by abom2 »

I believe Mr. Norris only has to think "bang". That is the way it is when one reaches his level of transcendence.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”