CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Class A misdemeanor......

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cb1000rider wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:I believe you can refuse it all, just get ready for a ride and a blood draw after they get a warrant.
There are various occupations where refusing to blow can have automatic consequences. As stated above, in many parts of Texas, they're going to get the evidence anyway...

He blew zero, failed a single part of field sobriety, and they convicted him? That reeks of poor representation (or maybe limited budget). Water under the bridge, I suppose, but now he's in a really bad spot if he ever offends again.
It sounds to me like budget was an issue. He told me last night that his lawyer advised him to file an appeal to the ruling, but not to expect the appeal to be heard. At this point, he just wants to put this behind him and move on. As far as what he blew, I don't know if he blew a zero or blew an error message. He did tell me before that he thinks he was ketotic at the time.

Anyway, he hasn't seen his terms of probation yet, so he doesn't know if there's a fun restriction there or not.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”