Will OC Backlash Result in more 30.06 Signs ???

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Will OC Backlash Result in more 30.06 Signs ???

Post by tomtexan »

rp_photo wrote:
If a business goes from no posting to both, I'm thinking that their intent may have been to ban OC only, and they were "pressured" or given inaccurate advice.
:iagree: with this.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

doncb

Post by doncb »

TexasRifleman wrote:[Post advocating illegal conduct deleted.]
I can see the estrogen containers over at MDA getting a hold of comments like that. It's one thing to miss a 30.06 sign by accident. It's totally different to intentionally break the law. Sounds more like an attitude from OCT / OCTC.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

myntalfloss

Post by myntalfloss »

doncb wrote:
TexasRifleman wrote:[Post advocating illegal conduct deleted.].
I can see the estrogen containers over at MDA getting a hold of comments like that. It's one thing to miss a 30.06 sign by accident. It's totally different to intentionally break the law. Sounds more like an attitude from OCT / OCTC.
I agree. This attitude is probably the reason that my email box is filling up with notices from 30.06.com. Take your pyrrhic victory and move on. The laws says open carry is now legal, it said nothing about rubbing people's noses in it. Nobody likes a bad winner.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Obey signs when you see them -- its their right as a property owner to post them. We're not a bunch of people that disregard the law. Please do not make the impression that we are.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Obey signs when you see them -- its their right as a property owner to post them. We're not a bunch of people that disregard the law. Please do not make the impression that we are.
Amen!

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

John Galt wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:Obey signs when you see them -- its their right as a property owner to post them. We're not a bunch of people that disregard the law. Please do not make the impression that we are.
Amen!
:iagree: Does everyone who comes to your door get in your house? Same difference....

Breny414

Post by Breny414 »

Oldgringo wrote:
John Galt wrote:
Amen!
:iagree: Does everyone who comes to your door get in your house? Same difference....
+1
:iagree:

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

The OC ''backlash,' if you want to call it that, will result in more 30.06 signs. Part of this is due to the public becoming more aware of CC/OC. I attended my PD's Open Carry forum last week and my police chief, who supports CC/OC provided a balanced forum. Part of his agenda was to educate business owners what action they need to take if they want to allow CC/OC, restrict one, or restrict both.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Lena wrote:I have had a Chl since the 1st class was offered in our area, 2-digit number on it, there were very many signs then, slowly they started to go away as stated earlier from calls, letters and possible loss of revenue in some cases. it all settled down quietly.
This will also in time but a CHL/OC weapon is a defensive weapon, so (all will surely not agree here) when you see SA revolvers in western rigs they are for show, I have one also. These are not what I would call a defensive weapon these days, I do love my SA Colt 5.5". The group with the carbines etc I totally support the cause but that results in bad PR. In my years in LE and military I learned to stay un-noticed as much as you could and things sure went easier as it would now with OC, it is great the law was passed and very grateful it was but mistakes will be made of both sides we to have the least if any, pushing an issue like the Luby's post is not good (I was in Luby's the day on the shooting near Ft Hood and remember it well), pushing LE on this will only result in negative things. So much for all that, Texas and our laws, governor and people are great and glad to have found this forum.
I too have one of the first CHL's. Got mine on January 22, 1996. I remember all of the "no guns" signs that went up.

There is an important difference between then and now. In the beginning, any gun buster sign could exclude concealed carry. Some years later, the legislature change the law and required the 30.06 sign. By that time, the controversy had died off and businesses didn't bother to put up the new signs and the old signs, which can still be found, had no legal effect.

This time, the signs being posted will not be invalidated by a future law. The new 30.06/30.07 signs that went up in a knee-jerk reaction to OC are unlikely to come down.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Lena
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lena »

have to agree there
Stay Safe

Lena

Post by Lena »

Sunday PM we went to Scotty P's Burgers in Garland Fire Wheel Mall area, I have never seen and signs there before, now way down low ankle high they have a small 8x10 07 sign on 1 door with a potted tree in front of it, you really have to be looking to see it, we sat where I could see the door and did notice 2 groups stop at the door that seemed to be looking also, 1 group went back to the car but did return the other entered, no weapons were noticed, all employees were in their late teens or early 20's, I did mention the sign but the person who seemed to be in charge did not know what I was talking about. So I just dropped the issue. I was CC.
There was NOT an 06 sign anywhere.
Burger was great.
Stay Safe

TEX

Post by TEX »

YES - IT WILL

It is called an unintended consequence. Many who would never have thought about posting a sign will now post both signs, most likely the first time someone open carries in the establishment. Thanks a lot.
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Lena

Post by Lena »

agree 100% on the yes it will do so
Stay Safe

Owlan

Post by Owlan »

bigolbigun2 wrote:Will OC Backlash Result in more 30.06 Signs ???
Almost no doubt about it.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”