Marketing "No Carry" signs

Post by Ruark »

-Ruark

LikWid
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Marketing "No Carry" signs

Post by LikWid »

I have no problem with a business, helping other businesses, follow the law. Like so many others on here, my issue stems from businesses feeling that they can put whatever sign they want up, and we have to follow it...sad part is, by law, we do have to follow it. Why isn't there someone regulating these signs, or at least a penalty for posting wrong signage?

What we need is for someone to print out some stickers that read "Invalid Sign. -list of regulations for signs on it-" and they can be slapped over illegal signs.

Wes
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wes »

They can't just put up any sign and we have to follow it, they have to put up exactly the sign described in the law. Why does there need to be any regulation or penalty for a private business who is allowed to post a sign posting a wrong sign? And by wrong I am interpreting that to mean legally invalid, there is nothing illegal from posting a gun buster sign for instance but it is not legally valid at keeping out licensed firearm carriers. If it is wrong, ignore it if you want or avoid the business like you would if it were valid. What's the issue? And please don't start vandalizing signs just to make a point about the sign being invalid. If there is anything worse than telling a business their no carry sign doesn't legally stop me from carrying it would be this sticker idea.

I would agree ough, that I have no problem with one business helping another even if I don't agree with what they are doing or why. That's the greatest part about our nation, I am not forced to do business with either the ones selling them or those buying them and putting them up.
Last edited by Wes on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I'm not in the market for no carry signs "rlol"
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

So why are you advertising for them? :headscratch
NRA Endowment Member

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

LikWid wrote: What we need is for someone to print out some stickers that read "Invalid Sign. -list of regulations for signs on it-" and they can be slapped over illegal signs.
Sure, then you'd probably be hooked for vandalism.

goose
Posts in topic: 3

Post by goose »

LikWid wrote: I'm sure it can be seen as vandalizing private property, but eh, businesses need to learn.
What do you think they will have learned? That their sign was bad or that gun owners are bad? I suspect the latter. Knowingly vandalizing a store will only set back any OC cause. And a owner/manager with a good feel for property rights would rightly mount some cameras in the right place and help any subsequent vandals to give their money to the courts as well. This is lose, lose for gun folks of any stripe.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

LikWid
Banned

Post by LikWid »

goose wrote:
LikWid wrote: I'm sure it can be seen as vandalizing private property, but eh, businesses need to learn.
What do you think they will have learned? That their sign was bad or that gun owners are bad? I suspect the latter. Knowingly vandalizing a store will only set back any OC cause. And a owner/manager with a good feel for property rights would rightly mount some cameras in the right place and help any subsequent vandals to give their money to the courts as well. This is lose, lose for gun folks of any stripe.
It was just a thought. Anyone with a better idea, to keep businesses compliant with state law, can feel free to speak up. My opinion is too many people on here, are willing to have their rights violated, to simply stay under the radar, to avoid confrontation. Sometimes confrontation, is the only way to get things right. I haven't run into the issue, so it's not a problem for me as of now...but others are running into the issue. I guess everyone can run their fingers online, and be happy being violated, until it happens in person. I guess we'll see :patriot:

goose

Post by goose »

LikWid wrote:
goose wrote:
It was just a thought. Anyone with a better idea, to keep businesses compliant with state law, can feel free to speak up. My opinion is too many people on here, are willing to have their rights violated, to simply stay under the radar, to avoid confrontation. Sometimes confrontation, is the only way to get things right. I haven't run into the issue, so it's not a problem for me as of now...but others are running into the issue. I guess everyone can run their fingers online, and be happy being violated, until it happens in person. I guess we'll see :patriot:
I am good with fighting the good fight. Just not thinking that stickering up a business is a good fight. Have we seen a business out of compliance? What law have they violated?

LikWid
Banned

Post by LikWid »

goose wrote:
LikWid wrote:
goose wrote:
I am good with fighting the good fight. Just not thinking that stickering up a business is a good fight. Have we seen a business out of compliance? What law have they violated?
I don't see one sticker, over a sign that's invalid anyways, as stickering up a business, but, to each their own. I see the flaw in it, but I don't see it as a BAD idea.

Out of compliance: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81389

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

One of my wife's Facebook acquaintances owns a sign shop. My wife mentioned to me last week that this acquaintance had a post talking about how busy they were printing 30.06/30.07 signs.

That led me to wonder what I would do if I owned a sign shop - would I refuse that business or not? I guess as long as it's not a sign advertising a gay wedding I would be legally within my rights to do so, correct? I want to say that I would refuse to print such signs but honestly, if I had to turn away legal business that put food on my family's table, I don't know that I could say with 100% certainty that I would.

What would you guys do?

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Scott Farkus wrote:One of my wife's Facebook acquaintances owns a sign shop. My wife mentioned to me last week that this acquaintance had a post talking about how busy they were printing 30.06/30.07 signs.

That led me to wonder what I would do if I owned a sign shop - would I refuse that business or not? I guess as long as it's not a sign advertising a gay wedding I would be legally within my rights to do so, correct? I want to say that I would refuse to print such signs but honestly, if I had to turn away legal business that put food on my family's table, I don't know that I could say with 100% certainty that I would.

What would you guys do?
If I owned a sign shop, I'd print the signs. That's what I'm in business to do.

I'd also print some 2a friendly signs as well, and try to market them.

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

LikWid
Banned

Post by LikWid »

Vol Texan wrote:
Scott Farkus wrote:One of my wife's Facebook acquaintances owns a sign shop. My wife mentioned to me last week that this acquaintance had a post talking about how busy they were printing 30.06/30.07 signs.

What would you guys do?
If I owned a sign shop, I'd print the signs. That's what I'm in business to do.

I'd also print some 2a friendly signs as well, and try to market them.

[img]http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/attac ... 1354407341[/im
[img]http://images.mysecuritysign.com/img/lg ... K-8188.gif[/im
I've seen a few of those signs posted up throughout Houston...mainly at gun shops and such.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

I have a friend who is CHL/LTC who owns a small mom & pop grocery store. This guy owns more AR's, AK's an other assorted scary object that most people I know and is the first to cry when the government tries to restrict his gun rights.

That's why it saddens me when he asks me to see where he can find out information on posting legal 30.07 signs in his wife's little grocery store.

He is no better than the ani gunners. It's ok for me to do something but not for you. Even when you pick and choose which parts of the 2A to support, you leave room to have the anti gunners to chip away at the stone. Such a hypocrite.

Not to mention that he didn't realize that 30.07 only applies to him (people with LTC/handguns), not long guns which LTC does not apply. Hypocritical and ignorant of the law.

I let him no that I was disappointed in him and why and didn't offer any help. I would suggest taking down the link to the No Carry signs website. We just maybe inadvertently helping the other side.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

goose

Post by goose »

LikWid wrote:
goose wrote:
I don't see one sticker, over a sign that's invalid anyways, as stickering up a business, but, to each their own. I see the flaw in it, but I don't see it as a BAD idea.

Out of compliance: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81389
You already said it was vandalism. That isn't much of a good idea.

That is an example of an invalid sign. But it is not out of compliance with any regulation or statute. Which bodes the bigger question, what penalties do you want written into the states laws for a sign about firearms? Do you suggest a law that says "All printed text on your storefront, about firearms, must be either a valid 30.06 sign, valid 30.07 sign, or valid TABC. All other firearm text will be punishable"? I don't see that happening.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”